American Diggers Errors ******

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Allright lets have some fun with this show!
Since we do detecting, we are in the perfect position to spot errors in this show. Let's go to it.

- In the show about hunting Indian relics he picked the outside curve of the river to search. As any prospector knows, the river speeds up on the outside curve carrying away items, where the inside curve the river slows down dropping items. hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How can you watch this show its such crap theres so many of you haters that cant stand the show but yet watch it and contribute to the ratings

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually threw away 30 minutes of my life and watched the privy episode online. You want errors? Well how about a pistol coming out of the ground with no rust? How about a damascus blade pike also with no rust along with a metal box with a switchblade a glass eye and a compass? How about 5700 bucks for those things?

I don't know why I watched it, I guess it's one of those things where I was having too good of a day and needed to ruin it for myself..... :icon_scratch:

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets not forget the one where they are in Detroit and the son digs and breaks a water pipe! They monkey rig the broken water pipe but then the bozo swings, get a signal, then all of a sudden dig up and old torqe converter and low and behold, even though the torqe converter was in e ground all them years, and it was split open along the seam and of course there is a quick view of teh torqe converter adn "NO DIRT" showing packed inside the split, but yet, they "DUG" it out of he ground, you can see the little cloth wrapping/bag that contained coins and other little pieces of what nots after they opened it, but "NO DIRT" inside the torqe converter??? AMAZING!!!!

Anyone noticed that?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I know that any thing i watch on TV is not real ...It is for entertainment..... so i watch it and i am entertained.... So i will keep watching it......

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Hay Keppy, the realist in you is showing! hot cat 2_edited-1.jpg

ammo_u

Nov 25, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the show gets more pub on this site than about anywhere else. They obviously "ham it up" for the cameras. Sort of like the different noodling shows based on the subject here in Oklahoma. I know so many people that noodle and some of what they say and do is simply for shock value. I have watched the diggers show one time and that was enough for me lol. If I wanna see the real thing I find it here and on Youtube. They need to metal detect for ancient aliens if they want the show to survive longer than this thread

Locozilla

May 1, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Ace 250
White's TRX
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BOOOOOOM BAAAABBBYYY!!!!

lol, I actually enjoy watching anything to do with history, or detecting, I know things are fancied up for the show, and things aren't as they seem, or done correctly, but iono I just like watchin em still. like the Native American relic hunt episode, where they use Tillers to find items, I mean IMO thats just dumb, I guess it works/worked, I would NOT do it that way myself, but that's just me. Every single one of their MTXs look brand new, so I am guessing White is some kind of sponsor for them? also in the shows intro they say they are Americans number ONE salvage company, is this true? because before the show I have never heard of that company lol

anywhos I will keep watching, just like I keep watching Pawn Stars!

DeadElvis

Apr 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How does watching a show contribute to the ratings?

It doesn't, unless you are part of a ratings group or buy via selective advertising. As far as your provider knows you are watching QVC or the Knife Channel. Maybe the cable and satellite providers have a way of monitoring bandwidth, but even then it's not an effective demographic tool.

I watch the show, it's like a train wreck.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's face it, all those "reality" shows are fake up to a point. I hope no one thinks the camera just happens to be right there recording everything every minute without any kind of script. We've got everything from screaming wildmen to bearded duck hunters to alligator wrestlers who are appearing in "real life" situations. Now that's entertainment much like pro wrestling has finally confessed to be. I use to coach little league baseball several years ago and I had a mother pull her son off my team because I said pro wrestling wasn't real! No, I haven't watched the metal detecting show, mainly because of what I have read about it on here. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions