Whites 6000 DI Professional, I Need Help?

sssnake31

Dec 27, 2004
Northwest Indiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White's 6000 DI Professional, I Need Help?

I own a White's 6000 DI Profession that I bought new back in 1987. The big blue box with 4 "C" batteries and the blue colored meter inlay. Haven't used it in a couple years, got it out and put in some new batteries, hooked up the coil, turned it on to the battery check, reads 100%. Put everything into the P (preset) positions, did the air balance, it beeped, then the ground balance, also beeped, but it will not do anything when run over any kind of metal, coins, tools, nails etc.... Is the coil bad or is there something electrical inside that might be bad? Anyone have any idea how I can test the machine or the coil to see if I can figure which is bad without having a second coil? Anyone close to NW Indiana that has a white's with a coil that would fit this that would be willing to let me come and hook it up and see if it's the machine or let me hook my coil to your machine to see if it's the coil itself? For what it costs to send to whites for a diagnostic test I could almost buy a new coil if it's just the coil. Thanks for any help.

Larry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread