Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dowsing, is it real or fake? Your opinion.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2012
    The Deep South :)
    Tesoro Vaquero, Garret gtax 400
    16 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverorBust View Post
    Jay, google peripersonal space. It has to do with how we extend our senses beyond the limits of our physical bodies via an apparent brain map of the surrounding space.

The rods and pendulum don't move on their accord but rather the muscles around the hand and fingers move very subtly. The rods and pendulum augment the movement so that it can be easily seen by the person. Look up micro muscle movements on the web. I heard someone say once that that's how cops can sometimes tell somebody is lying, that is, by picking up on the subtle muscle movements of the face.

There is a man by the name of Darren Brown who exploits all of this for his stage shows. Look him up, there is lots of interesting stuff he does that touch on the whole dowsing thing, even if he himself doesn't dowse; well, he kind of dowses for lost items by using people as the rods.

As for the Quantum Physics stuff, read up on it. There is tons of stuff available on the web. Google is your friend.
    Interesting. I certainly believe that some people are able to read other people when they are lying, me being one of them This is face to face tho.

I like the idea of a brain map of space. Dare I say Matrix.

Hmmm so the dowsers are actually making the rods move? I thought dowsers claim they are not making the rods move. I have Even seen a few vids of dowsers trying to keep everything still as they walk to prove its the rods not them. If they have the power why not just walk right up to the treasure and say "there".

I think humans can train their bodies to do superhuman things like in sports or the brain. As far as finding treasure with rods, who knows.

At least the thread didn't turn into ww3 infact it almost has the atmosphere of my grandmas house lol.
    Don't worry, be happy

Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** I use only top name brand detectors *****
    1124 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET
    All i will say about dowsing is that i have done it and it has worked out well for me....... I don't look for water i find coins & jewelry ...And it works for me.............. I will not say any more about it here...... For there are two many that will say i am lying it can't be done ..... But i have proved to my self it does work ... For me it works..... For others it will work for some and it will not work for others...................
    "...Let no one know what,were or when..."

us
    Apr 2012
    Indiana
    FIsher F2, Garrett ace 250
    7 times
    Metal Detecting
    I think it is real but I don't think it is any "talent" that someone has. It is mentioned in the bible and goes way back.
    Water witching and dowsing

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster
    1227 times
    I believe some folks can do that. I have actually seen them tell you how deep, and how much water would flow, and they were right. I have seen those same folks miss completely, too. I believe there's something to dowsing, but not everyone has the talent.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    8464 times
    I can dowse under ground electrical cables, and water lines using two "L" shaped wires, but that is the extent of my ability...... I learned how aftrer losing a $20 bet to a contractor on a water company crew who bet me he could find the fiber optic cable I was there to locate with a Metro locator.......... He found it and I verified it with my locator... After that I used the technique to double check my locates...

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

us
    Apr 2012
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by treasure4pleasure View Post
    I think it is real but I don't think it is any "talent" that someone has. It is mentioned in the bible and goes way back.
    Water witching and dowsing
    I went to that link you posted. It had some interesting points. If dowsing is real it could be demonic I guess. It certainly is an unexplainable "power" so who is to say. I have always felt that in life there is nothing for free, so if someone has tapped into dowsing "power" I wonder what they are having to give up for that power? I wonder if they are even aware that in order to get, you have to give. Doesn't seem like a fair trade, you have the ability to find water at the cost of your soul. I'll keep using the sink

I have no idea if dowsing is real or not. Why are dowsers not filthy rich by finding all of the lost treasure. How come some can only find water and not gold. It seems like a bunch of hocus pocus to me, but if you are a dowser and you really really think you have the "power" I would suggest you go prove James Randi wrong and win his million dollar offer. You would never have to work another day of your life. Just my two cents
    Don't worry, be happy

Apr 2012
    1 times
    i look for a gold ring with my e-trac and hit a spot but didn't find it and the person with the rod came out later and hit the same spot i did and said it was down the same my detector said. leave it a that ,but she said some poeple the rods wont work with them. she gives class but did try them yet. they just seam weird.

us
    Apr 2012
    Indiana
    FIsher F2, Garrett ace 250
    7 times
    Metal Detecting
    Well if you know anything about ouija boards, I feel like it's along the same lines. It's a trick of Satan to lure people over into the occult. I don't want to make anyone mad here, but that's what I believe.

us
    Dec 2005
    Eugene, Oregon
    Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
    79 times
    No, dowsing is bunk. Here in Oregon people in my own family have dowsed for water and dug wells and struck water most every time. Thing of it is, there is friggin water everywhere......

Put some rods in their hands and ask them to find some gold..... whole different story.

Whole lot of excuses.... not buried long enough, stars weren't aligned, the moon is in Jupiter, solar flares, I dunno.... pretty lame if you ask me.

One thing i always ask myself, if the makers of fancy dowsing equipment knew what they were doing, and dowsing really works..... why are they selling dowsing equipment?

After all, they should be rich after finding all that buried pirate loot shouldn't they?

us
    Mar 2012
    IL,FL,CA,AZ,VA,PA,MI,CO - I get around.
    BH Tracker IV , Garrett Pro Pointer
    4 times
    The thing that makes me laugh is MAP dowsing. hahaha.

us
    Apr 2012
    16 times
    Treasure4pleasure, jeffro and shoot, I couldnt agree with you more. If it is real it's wicked but more than likely its baloney.

Why are these dowsers not the richest people in the world? Same reason the psychic Sylvia Brown hasn't won the lottery. Or go on the James Randi show and prove him wrong. It's more childsplay than anything or maybe just wickedness.
    Don't worry, be happy

us
    Feb 2012
    Placerville, CA
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche
    5 times
    Metal Detecting
    How come everytime someone does a scientific study, these so called dowsers fail on bucket tests almost 100% of the time. I Just seen a special on it, not to long ago, and not one person that claimed to have the "gift" passed the test. As for it being mentioned in the bible, so is a boat that carried 2 every living thing on this earth to save them from a flood. Which means all the animals in the Americas had to swim across the ocean to get on a boat so they wouldn't drown in a flood. Maybe we shouldn't believe everything we read. If you do believe in it hit me up I have a fresh batch of snake oil to sell. It'll cure all you aches and pains. Honest.

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    8464 times
    As I said, I can dowse electricial cables, telephone cables and waterlines, but that is the extent of it, I can't douse gold or treasure............

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

us
    Nov 2009
    New York
    T2/F75 SE
    638 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramblefind View Post
    I became convinced it can work when I subdivided a building lot and we had a neighbor use his rods to find the spot to pound the well. He nailed it first time. 20gal/minute and he was able to follow the vein for some distance. It was very cool.
    I want to add to my post and say that I had two other lots subdivided right next to the one my neighbor found the place to pound the well. On the first lot the well drillers got a fail - I think 3gpm then we had a moderate success in another spot at about 8gpm. On the other lot they did succeed at also less than 10gpm - having to go down very deep. That was the result of random guessing and /or well drillers knowledge of what might be a good spot based on terrain.

I believe my neighbor found the right spot somehow and something led him to find it - he said it was his dowsing rods

us
    Apr 2012
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramblefind View Post
    I want to add to my post and say that I had two other lots subdivided right next to the one my neighbor found the place to pound the well. On the first lot the well drillers got a fail - I think 3gpm then we had a moderate success in another spot at about 8gpm. On the other lot they did succeed at also less than 10gpm - having to go down very deep. That was the result of random guessing and /or well drillers knowledge of what might be a good spot based on terrain.

I believe my neighbor found the right spot somehow and something led him to find it - he said it was his dowsing rods
    Maybe because there is water all over underground. Dig deep enough and you are bound to hit it at some point right?
    Don't worry, be happy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors