Southeast Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Whites V3i
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started detecting as a young kid with a BFO detector that my Father built from a kit back about the mid-70's and have been detecting occasionally ever since. My current detectors are a Fisher 1212-x, Garrett Freedom Ace, Whites Classic 2 and my trusty old White's Eagle Spectrum. The first three on the list are for my family. The Eagle Spectrum I've used since 1989 and love it. However, it has been having trouble the last few years and I'm in the mood for a new detector.

This is what I'm looking for:

Top Priorities.
1. Longer length or "tall man" rod available. (I'm 6' 4".)
2. Good target ID.
3. Good pin pointing.

Second Priorities.
1. Battery life.
2. Weather resistance.
3. I like coils that you can see through. (Not solid.)

You will notice that depth isn't my top priority. It isn't that I don't value a deep detector, it is just that I rate pin pointing and target ID higher than maximum depth.

I'm an experienced user and a techie, so complicated detectors don't scare me.

BTW, I'm looking to spend about $400 to $700. I could be convinced to spend more if I really like what I saw.

youart58

Greenie
Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the garrett pro i thank would be good its water proof to 10 feet. garrett is a good machine.

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if you decide to get rid of the spectrum , i am in the market for one. Money could be added to your 400-700 limit...just food for thought.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Hendrix

Hendrix

Jan 8, 2007
Southeast Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Whites V3i
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everybody. I'm going to try to narrow them down and purchase a new detector in a few weeks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread