The Honey Hole

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So ive heard of these places and just happen to stumble onto 1 myself in a small town with a old swim hole close by a very small 100x100 yard or so park...the lake was taken out the park wasnt used much after that so all the garbage i dig is old garbage like it was frozen in time 2 days of hunting i only got maybe 70 cents in clad tons of old bottle caps and ...14 silver 33 wheats im sure theres acouple silver .
11 the first day 3 the next ... securedownload 13.jpg
Sorry for the bad cell pics
securedownload14.jpg
So the real question is how many of these old parks are left is anyones quess and my honey hole is dry so i gotta get back to research ...good luck all

Last edited:

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not one reply in a hundred on finding multiple silvers?? I'm shocked. Great job buddy!

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! Were they in the swim hole?

OP
OP
dustytrails123

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got most of them from the park the swim hole is all grown trees and theres alot of trash for old camp sites and the dirt may have been moved makes it hard to hunt but the front entrance was left alone

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul of silver there, I wouldn't write that spot off just yet though, hit it again after a good rain, or in the spring if you get frost where you're at, I'll bet there's more there.

OP
OP
dustytrails123

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still hunt it been taking out the nickel signals now came up with another war nickel.... im still trying to find the next park to hunt that hasnt been changed over time but its pretty tough all the parks get upgrades and dirt moved it seems but the few rare ...but then again im new at researching

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread