Apr 25, 2012
North Central Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Ace350
Pioneer Bounty Hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking to get a second MD. I currently have a Pioneer202. I have about 250.00 to spend and was wanting some input on both the F2 and the Ace250. I like the Notch and Auto Notch feature of the 250 and see the F2 does not have the auto notch mode. I know any detector will find stuff but i would like the communities thoughts about both products pros and cons. Thanks!

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know very little on the f-2 i hunt with a friend who uses 1 it just looks cheap and like a childs toy over all ...but he does dig coins so it does seem to work ..the 250 looks like an ok machine but for the extra 50 bucks id pick up the 350 and dd coil

OP
OP
QuarterMaster

QuarterMaster

Apr 25, 2012
North Central Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Ace350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input dusty. I did some research and decided to follow your advice. I bought an Ace350. Got it today! I have an old abandoned country school that last saw classes in the 30's set up for this weekend, Super excited to go start getting rich..1 penny at a time

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I know very little on the f-2 i hunt with a friend who uses 1 it just looks cheap and like a childs toy over all ...but he does dig coins so it does seem to work ..the 250 looks like an ok machine but for the extra 50 bucks id pick up the 350 and dd coil

Not sure why you are giving this guy advice based on what your friend's machine "looks like".:icon_scratch:

I was going to suggest that if you can bump your budget up to $400, you can pick up a used AT Pro, which would be a great step up for you. Best of luck...

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure why you are giving this guy advice based on what your friend's machine "looks like".:icon_scratch:

I was going to suggest that if you can bump your budget up to $400, you can pick up a used AT Pro, which would be a great step up for you. Best of luck...
I didnt base it from what it looks like i have spent 4 hours hunting with this friend of mine so i have seen the machine in action and im always being called over to pin point his targets since he doesnt even have the pin point option ...the guy asked what detector was better and in my eyes the garrett is better ..he wanted an ace 250 well thats about $250 and it doesnt come with the dd coil that the ace 350 comes with for $300 but to jump from a ace 250 to an at pro...thats hella a price jump
And whats this store called thats selling at pro's for 400 dollars???

Last edited:
OP
OP
QuarterMaster

QuarterMaster

Apr 25, 2012
North Central Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Ace350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to be able to go 400. but at this point in time, 300 was the most I felt comfortable with, My Bounty Hunter 202 does do a good job, but I think eventually that is going to be given to my nephew. He is showing a lot of interest in MD'ing :thumbsup: I took the Ace350 out yesterday for about 40 minutes or so and the DD coil sure makes pinpointing a lot easier, even with out the pinpoint. I agree about the "looks" comment but that's not what got me thinking. I researched the DD coil and made my decision off of that (was leaning towards the ACE to begin with)

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I didnt base it from what it looks like i have spent 4 hours hunting with this friend of mine so i have seen the machine in action and im always being called over to pin point his targets since he doesnt even have the pin point option ...the guy asked what detector was better and in my eyes the garrett is better ..he wanted an ace 250 well thats about $250 and it doesnt come with the dd coil that the ace 350 comes with for $300 but to jump from a ace 250 to an at pro...thats hella a price jump
And whats this store called thats selling at pro's for 400 dollars???

Sorry didn't mean to question you considering you spent a whole 4 hours WATCHING someone use it. Interesting that your friend's F2 did not have pinpoint... WHEN I OWNED AN F2, I often used the large pinpoint button in the middle of the control panel and with great success. :icon_thumleft:

Listen, everyone is entitled to their opinions and I am not questioning that. However, it is irresponsible of you to make suggestions to others without basing your suggestions on any kind of supportable facts... Especially considering your influence will be used by a stranger to make a several hundred dollar purchase.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could send you pictures of the guys f-2 he uses it has no pinpoint option i assure you it just has afew nobs and a discrim setting .....i couldnt tell you how old it is they all seem to look the same to me ...as for telling a guy to buy a 350 over the 250 i stand by that the dd coil makes the machine it comes with alittle learning curve but its worth it in the end ...id still like to know where i can buy these at pro's at for 400 dollars though id sell mine and upgrade for that price

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought I saw some USED AT Pros selling around $400 a few months ago. I just double checked and it looks like they are going closer to $450 so I apologize for the inconsistency. New ones are $500+ but I was referring to used in my first post.

OP
OP
QuarterMaster

QuarterMaster

Apr 25, 2012
North Central Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Ace350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate both of your inputs. To put things in perspective..My BH202 (looks cheap, feels cheap was cheap..$40 at a garage sale some time ago) does not have pinpoint built in and I was doing fine with the concentric coil and "x marks the spot" pinpointing is relatively accurate. The Double D (from the limited time I have used it so far) seems a LOT easier to pinpoint with (w/o using pp button). Locate the target parallel to you, step 90 and locate perpendicular to your original location, then drag the coil down the target till the signal fades and right above the top of the coil is where your target should be. When all you really have is a PCB (printed Circuit Board) The housing really doesn't matter. Function over over form usually. I think the DD is the way to go and thanks for the input!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions