Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

An old Whites beach-comber? You're going to need to find a treasure mag from the early to mid 1970s -ish. No later than about 1975 or '76 anyhow. But it shouldn't be hard. Lots of old md'ing magazines from the 1970s being bought/sold/traded on the various detecting forum classifieds.

Hi, All Its Sanddigger, I Just Pick up an Old Beach Comber Metal Detector, and it still Work ! I Like to find a ( Magazine ) That has The ( Beach Comber in it ) to see What it cost back in it day. I Just like to get the Magazine. will Buy. Thanks aka--> Joe:skullflag::blackbeard:

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's been loads of Beachcomber models. Off the top of my head I can think of of the TR versions (BC2 and BC 4) which were really cheap but didn't discriminate, then there was the higher end models that were also cheap but did add discrimination such as the 50 and 60 PBD's (push button discriminators) and the 5D and 6D. Production of the Beachcombers continued throughout the 80's, maybe much later.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shocked me with that statement John. For detecting metal ! Unfortunately though the Beachcomber's offered pretty good performance for the price they never compared with other mid range detectors and the wet beach was a real weakness for all that Whites put "Beach" into the name.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread