Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: MINELABS NEW DETECTOR CTX 3030!!!!!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Quote Originally Posted by U.K. Brian View Post
    I was told the price was to be around 2200 sterling, so $3600 but this was from a not very reliable source. A U.S. forum said $1900 but that seems way to low unless the idea is to crush the opposition.

Few companies get crushed by a detector costing $1,900.

us
    Jan 2010
    Va for Now!!!!
    Minelab E-Trac, Sun-ray X-5 coil and X-1 Probe
    166 times
    I just found out today. There will be 2 different offer models one with a MSRP of $2200 and the other at $2499. I would imagine the difference it these price points would be the wireless head phone and maybe the GPS.
    Call me crazy but I just put a order in for one. I personally see the benifit of GPS tracking built in to the machine, and also feel that there shouldnt be that much of a learning curve as I already dig with a E-trac.
    Plus last it's waterproof, and just what I have been waiting for.Also who cares what it looks like, this aint a fashion show.

us
    Supreme Chancellor

Oct 2005
    High Five!
    65 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy uk View Post
    what a shame that Minelab has let all there customers down the weight of it is 5.1lbs and the look of it is so ugly they have gone backward and not forward

Seriously? It's that heavy? The one thing that has kept me from upgrading to a newer minelab is the weight. I'm already miserable enough swinging the Explorer every time I go out.

us
    Apr 2009
    Maryland
    Minelab CTX3030
    45 times
    Relic Hunting
    I wonder how balanced the unit is. Kinda has similarities to the Fisher F75 design and the Fisher seems like a well balanced machine. Can't wait to read the reviews. Was looking at getting an Excalibur for beach hunting so I wouldn't worry about getting hammered by a wave.

Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** I use only top name brand detectors *****
    1113 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by ynpto804 View Post
    Call me crazy but I just put a order in for one. .
    """" CRAZY """
    Last edited by Keppy; May 04, 2012 at 04:16 PM.
    "...Let no one know what,were or when..."

Oct 2005
    XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
    112 times
    $1900 (or $2000-$2500) is cheap to many if they are making any money from the hobby. Minelab are selling so many GPX's at a far higher price so they will not worry about value for money. They could just have made it without GPS and the other gimmicks but know that thousands just have to have the latest fashion. I can't see any point to GPS with a detector. Perfectly good/light weight GPS units on the market if you want one and they have the advantage of use when your out not detecting.

us
    Aug 2006
    California Bay Area
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bazinga View Post
    Seriously? It's that heavy? The one thing that has kept me from upgrading to a newer minelab is the weight. I'm already miserable enough swinging the Explorer every time I go out.

Same here , I picked up a T2 and find myself using the Explorer less and less .

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Treasure Probe IV, Minelab E-Trac. White's 6000 Di Pro SL. White's Eagle ll SL90, Minelab Excalibur, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, TinyTec, AutoScan, UniProbe, 15" WOT, 5X10 Joey, Stea
    1063 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Has anyone been quoted a firm price on the CTX 3030 and what all comes with it? Has there been any field tests with it yet to see how it compares with other machines?

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5138 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    Has anyone been quoted a firm price on the CTX 3030 and what all comes with it? Has there been any field tests with it yet to see how it compares with other machines?
    sorry to say, even if there are field tests they are by Dealers & Manufacturers.

I'm not saying they are liars, But I am saying they have an Interest in saying

a year from now we'll know what the bugs were

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Treasure Probe IV, Minelab E-Trac. White's 6000 Di Pro SL. White's Eagle ll SL90, Minelab Excalibur, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, TinyTec, AutoScan, UniProbe, 15" WOT, 5X10 Joey, Stea
    1063 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I figured there would be an independant out there who's had a sneak peek and an opinion. I talked with Kellyco and they don't have a price for it yet either....even though they say they will take orders for it! Yeah, right, I'm going to order one without knowing the cost and what you get with it? They're supposed to go on"sale" the 28th so maybe we'll know something by then!

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    8366 times
    No one is going to publish a price till Minelab's set date........All anyone is doing till then is guessing...

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

us
    Feb 2006
    Mooresville, NC
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Garrett AT Pro
    23 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I have to say......got my rear end burned by being one of the AT's first buyers. Had to send it back three times and even now, I am not 100% sure it works as advertised. I really think I will wait until the bugs are worked out on this one. Even though I swear by my Excal and I know Minelab knows what they are doing....just don't want the headaches with being one of the first test buyers, especially at $2500.

I will get one. Just will wait a bit!

us
    Jun 2007
    Southwest Michigan
    Made in U.S.A.
    224 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Personally I don't think Garrett has a thing to worry about, just my opinion

us
    Nov 2008
    Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
    76 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    All I can say is this machine is everything and more than what is being hyped. I pick mine up this week at training.

us
    Apr 2012
    Houston, TX
    CTX 3030 Garrett Ace 350 Etrac AT Pro Compass XP Pro Whites 6000 DI Pro
    Metal Detecting
    I think it looks cool...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors