MINELABS NEW DETECTOR CTX 3030!!!!!!

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$1900 (or $2000-$2500) is cheap to many if they are making any money from the hobby. Minelab are selling so many GPX's at a far higher price so they will not worry about value for money. They could just have made it without GPS and the other gimmicks but know that thousands just have to have the latest fashion. I can't see any point to GPS with a detector. Perfectly good/light weight GPS units on the market if you want one and they have the advantage of use when your out not detecting.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone been quoted a firm price on the CTX 3030 and what all comes with it? Has there been any field tests with it yet to see how it compares with other machines?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone been quoted a firm price on the CTX 3030 and what all comes with it? Has there been any field tests with it yet to see how it compares with other machines?

sorry to say, even if there are field tests they are by Dealers & Manufacturers.

I'm not saying they are liars, But I am saying they have an Interest in saying :headbang:

a year from now we'll know what the bugs were

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured there would be an independant out there who's had a sneak peek and an opinion. I talked with Kellyco and they don't have a price for it yet either....even though they say they will take orders for it! Yeah, right, I'm going to order one without knowing the cost and what you get with it? They're supposed to go on"sale" the 28th so maybe we'll know something by then!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one is going to publish a price till Minelab's set date........All anyone is doing till then is guessing...

Must811

Feb 20, 2006
Boca Raton, Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Equinox 800, Excal II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have to say......got my rear end burned by being one of the AT's first buyers. Had to send it back three times and even now, I am not 100% sure it works as advertised. I really think I will wait until the bugs are worked out on this one. Even though I swear by my Excal and I know Minelab knows what they are doing....just don't want the headaches with being one of the first test buyers, especially at $2500.

I will get one. Just will wait a bit!

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I don't think Garrett has a thing to worry about, just my opinion ;D

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
All I can say is this machine is everything and more than what is being hyped. I pick mine up this week at training.

download.php

Daniel3839

Apr 3, 2012
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Garrett Ace 350
Etrac
AT Pro
Compass XP Pro
Whites 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it looks cool...

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see Kellyco has a price listed now.....$2300 with wired headphones but no alkaline battery pack, and $2500 for wireless with alkaline pack. Not as bad as I feared but not as good as I hoped! They still don't list what you get in the accessory packages though. Maybe I'll wait until I can see some independant field tests before I take the plunge. I'd like to know how it compares to the E-trac on depth and I.D. No use paying an extra grand for a few whistles and bells that won't get you any deeper treasure.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at the Kellyco event today, prices are as you say $2399 and $2499.. I will say I was impressed with the detector and what it can do so far, and from what I heard test so far reveal it is deeper thant the Etrac by a couple inches...

I talked to the Minelab rep that was there and the 10 foot waterproof rating is on the conservative side, he said it was pressure tested deeper than that, that 13-15 foot should not be a problem, hard waves hitting you in the surf would not be a problem..

Battery compartment is water tight so if you drop it in the water with out the battery in, there is no damage done, just rinse it out to clean the contacts. The headphone jacks ports are waterproof as well...

It works with google maps also so the find points and way points from a hunt can be placed on a google map and saved, both to the detector and to a file on your computer and the files can be loaded back in to the detector, you can store finds, way points settings and even add pictures to view what you found at that spot and save on your computer.... if your going to go back to one of your favorite spots you can upload the file for that hunting site and see where you hunted before, where you left off hunting, and can even go back to any of the find points and be with in a foot or two of it........No matter how deep you are in the woods, you can return to that spot again.....

aoyue2702

May 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm trying to decide on ordering the CTX3030 or the E-Trac .... Should I wait and buy the 3030? I already have a fisher 1280X for water detecting and a tesero cortes for land use... I've been wanting a minlab for years.

Does the E-trac have any features that the CTX 3030 does not?

someone hurry and help me decide!! LOL!

Last edited:

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You get what you pay for alot of times in this hobby. Minelabs are not cheap but I have to say they find the gold or whatever you seem to be hunting. They pay for themselves quickly. I already try to use my etrac in the surf so this one just gives me the ability. I for one will definately be ordering this baby by the end of the week to make sure its ships on the 28th. From the reviews Ive read its a step up from the ETRAC (which is already an amazing machine) and its waterproof? And its got a built in GPS finds tracking option? And you can lay the maps over google maps? And its got a colored backlit LCD haha, you get my point. I only have one word, JACKPOT! Wah Wah the weight, its only 5 pounds and it looks to have the same straight shaft design as the Excals to balance out the weight.

CB

aoyue2702

May 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I went ahead and got a CTX 3030 pre-ordered as my first minelab!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread