MINELABS NEW DETECTOR CTX 3030!!!!!!

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wireless.... GPS tracking.... waterproof... PC tracking... FBS tech... amazing color display...

the screen looks like it is a total of 1/4" thick. It looks like my ETrac on steroids!...

I bet that sucker is gonna be like $2500....

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It sure is ugly, and I can see the screen breaking off if dropped.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was told the price was to be around £2200 sterling, so $3600 but this was from a not very reliable source. A U.S. forum said $1900 but that seems way to low unless the idea is to crush the opposition.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shame it's not BBS

Other then that Interesting !

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont give any idea. With the time, we see the performance of this new detector.

jimmy uk

Nov 3, 2010
Essex
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what a shame that Minelab has let all there customers down :BangHead::BangHead: the weight of it is 5.1lbs and the look of it is so ugly they have gone backward and not forward

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shame it's not BBS

Other then that Interesting !
Jeff, doe's BBS mean boring bull, :laughing7: metal detectors are becoming like mobile phones, everbody wants the lates model.

SS

Last edited by a moderator:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, doe's BBS mean boring bull, :laughing7: metal detectors are becoming like mobile phones, everbody wants the lates model.

SS

I Can make & receive phone calls on my Mobile phone.
and find stuff with my detector.

what more do I need :dontknow:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like two detectors fell in the mud, a V3i,and a At pro and this third one cxt 3030 came out.

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bazinga said:
Says the Garrett dealer as he trembles in fear...

Im not a garrett dealer my friend is, i actually got them turned onto minelab. Truth is i would take a safari over this anyday.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Says the Garrett dealer as he trembles in fear...
But as it always was and will always be........ Garrett fans will still use Garretts ....... Minelab fans will always use Minelab..... Whites & Tesoro & Fisher.. Will all do the same.... Some will switch around but there is always the ones that change detector brands like they change there sox....But to me there is a lot on the new Minelab that is not really useful.. just gimmicks to add cost to the detector......

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was told the price was to be around £2200 sterling, so $3600 but this was from a not very reliable source. A U.S. forum said $1900 but that seems way to low unless the idea is to crush the opposition.

Few companies get crushed by a detector costing $1,900.

ynpto804

Jan 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sun-ray X-5 coil and X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found out today. There will be 2 different offer models one with a MSRP of $2200 and the other at $2499. I would imagine the difference it these price points would be the wireless head phone and maybe the GPS.
Call me crazy but I just put a order in for one. I personally see the benifit of GPS tracking built in to the machine, and also feel that there shouldnt be that much of a learning curve as I already dig with a E-trac.
Plus last it's waterproof, and just what I have been waiting for.Also who cares what it looks like, this aint a fashion show.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what a shame that Minelab has let all there customers down :BangHead::BangHead: the weight of it is 5.1lbs and the look of it is so ugly they have gone backward and not forward

Seriously? It's that heavy? The one thing that has kept me from upgrading to a newer minelab is the weight. I'm already miserable enough swinging the Explorer every time I go out.

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I wonder how balanced the unit is. Kinda has similarities to the Fisher F75 design and the Fisher seems like a well balanced machine. Can't wait to read the reviews. Was looking at getting an Excalibur for beach hunting so I wouldn't worry about getting hammered by a wave.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread