my first argument

iamfree

May 1, 2012
nowhere
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i got into my first argument the other day with a middle aged hippie riding a bike... she said i was ruining the park by digging little holes and filling them in. i was respectful at first, but after relentless badgering, i argued that her bike erodes the trails more than my little hand shovel will ever do. and that the car she drove here in destroys the earth more than my shovel will ever do. and that the oil in her engine, and the fuel she bought for it starts all the wars in the world that destroys the landscapes and lives. that the clothes she wears are made in some sweatshop in china by abused enslaved underpaid children and women. and that patch of asphalt built in the entrance of the park she parked her car on polluted the soil horribly by leaching disgusting chemicals in the vicinity of it. i can go on and on with everything we consume and buy affects the earth one way or another...and it seems that the same type of person has been scoffing or questioning my new hobby.... the same middle aged wannabe hippie, be it male or female... you can just tell they were hippies in the 60's. let me tell you. unless you live on a mountain and hunt/grow your own food and have zero electronic devices, no car, and consume no electricity, you are not a hippie, you are a hypocrite... you fuel all the wars and all the construction companies who are allowed to bulldoze tons of dirt containing history so you can have a lovely parking lot to park your car to ride your bike made in a sweatshop in china amd get upset at people for digging tiny holes in a field bombarded with manmade picnic tables and charcoal grills so we can litter the fresh earth with pull tabs and soda cans... whew.. there ya go..

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
a "middle aged hippie lesbo"? oh my oh my. Better you running into her than me. :laughing7:

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My reply to her would have been just two words that would have irritated her beyond words considering he preferance for women.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
A female lesbo........... As you know just about all lesbo's .... Just hate males ... So she might have found another reason to fight if you did not have your detector........

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh Oh, don't let the mods see this one! Nice to tell her the truth though,, they do not like that much.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You spent more time with her than I would have. A simple "Deal with it" and returning to detecting usually suffices.

OP
OP
I

iamfree

May 1, 2012
nowhere
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well she was relentless...obviously looking for a fight. after being respectful and going about my business she would stare, wait for a reaction, then keep on going. i only blew up after she told me it wasnt legal what i was doing, when it is, in the area i was, very legal. but after a handfull of negative interactions so far, it really does seem like the same person over again. like they're all from the same barnes and noble book club. or all go to the same art gallery and drink wine and judge people. im starting to see a personality/image pattern here.

Last edited:

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
losing battle, there is no dealing with those earth first type hippies. These are the same types that drive steel spikes into trees in the northwest just hoping to kill a logger. These people are irrational and there is no dealing with them, the best thing to do is ignore them and go about your business, that will annoy them more than engaging them in conversation.

Marshallepp

Greenie
Sep 10, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My biggest problem is i am allergic to xxxx and you can not fix them. not even with duct tape and it fixes everything.

Last edited by a moderator:

rex

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you nailed her with indefensibe facts they don't deal with that well. good job.

tngirl

Mar 16, 2012
N. Middle Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x & 1280 Aquanaut, White's XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never argue with an xxxx - they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.:laughing7:

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did she tell you she was lesbo, or did you just take a wild guess? I wonder what she told her friends that evening? That she met a middle age, Hippie, playing with his thing in the park?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
maybe her former husband left her for a metal detector * when she said its me or the detector .:dontknow:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two words that usually deal with people like this, they start and end with the letter K. I have no patience for fools.

SS

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She may have been arrested for actually ruining the park as part of the occupy movement when she pitched her tent and killed the grass. I like to point out that on golf greens plugs are cut and the holes are moved when foot traffic begins to trample the area around the hole. Walking on grass kills it. A typical golf green costs $30,000 to $60,000 and they know how to protect their investment.

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I would have ignored her. It also sounds like there is some assuming going on here and you know what that does.

OP
OP
I

iamfree

May 1, 2012
nowhere
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
baspinall said:
Personally I would have ignored her. It also sounds like there is some assuming going on here and you know what that does.

will it make an a$$ out of u and me?... lol... i know i should be so prejudice. i wrote the thread on my iphone having a few beers sitting at the bar going through the day in my head...ive been trying all sorts of places, and it seems the only place i dont feel ashamed to be seen digging is the beach

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry bro, most people on this site will tell you that you should have kissed her a$$ and groveled before here because "you might make the rest of us look bad"

When I am detecting and someone starts that stuff, A simple "Mind your own F@$%^* Business" works wonders. After dealing with it enough times, you will form your own way of dealing with these granola eating diesels.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions