K Zack

Feb 2, 2012
West Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab- Explorer XS, Excalibur 800, Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Fisher 1280X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a Great Read, I think We the People need to stand and help these folks help us.
I have no idea why putting a Uniform on some people seems to create a Monster out of some of them.
Thank you for posting this Papa Bear.
Kevin

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems that when ones work for the goverment........ That they think they are better than everyone else ..........And also think they can get away with any thing they want to ........ With out any kind of repercussion ...... They feel they are above the law......

OP
OP
Papa Bear

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Especially with this current Federal Administration.

Stand Watie

Mar 24, 2012
Greenwood SC
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In my opinion they get that way because we the people have allowed the federal government to get too big and too powerful. It's way beyond what it was ever intended to be. If you will read your Constitution, which is supposed to be THE law of the land, it only gives the central/federal government 18 things it can do. Everything else belongs to the States and the people. But today we've allowed it, and in many cases expect it, to do way more than it was ever empowered to do.

When I have challenged some of the things the government does with someone who likes big government I have often had them tell me that the Constitution doesn't say the government can't do it. Of course not, there is no way the Founders could list all the things the central government isn't supposed to do. If they had done that, or tried to, the Constitution would take up a whole library of books. So they did the simplest thing, they wrote it to list/enumerate/number the few things the central government CAN do. The rest belongs to the States and the people. No where in the Constitution does it say what the federal government can't do, only what it can do...and that is 18 things. Period.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread