Thinking about an AT pro.

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am currently using an Omega 8000. I have the 10" concentric and the 11" dd. This is my third Teknetics machine and I am just not happy with them. I don't know if it is me or my environment but I can not seem to find much. I have put in some good hours.

I used to use a Garrett GTAx 550. Was a decent machine, sold it to my brother in law so he could go detecting. I hated the bell tone, HATED IT. But did find all sorts of goodies with it. I did have 4+ years on it though so I knew its little intricacies.

I am wondering if an AT pro would be a good choice for me. I hunt parks, camp grounds, yards on occasion and in the woods. I also would love to hunt in the rain. I work a lot and when i can get time to detect I don't want rain to stop me.

Would an Omega with 2 coils be a fair swap for an AT pro? I am asking this because if I decide to post a trade, I will know if it is fair machine for machine.

Thanks gang :)

OP
OP
ryaan21

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anyone?

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you do order an atpro make sure they are in stock. not backordered. i bought one last year, there great when working properly, mine has gone back to garland tx. 3 times already. they have owed me a new replacement over a month now. called them last week, was told 4-6 more weeks, really pi$$ed off now.

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had my at pro about 3 months now and just love it. I was using (and still will use my DFX and MXT) but I am impressed with the at pro as I have been learning it. There is one engineering problem I dont like about it and that is the attaching of the head phones and coil wires are close quarters with my big fingers. With that said You stated "I hated the bell tone, HATED IT," and this machine has the 3 pitch tone with the high bell tone being in the 75+ vdi area. Over all I might end up being a at pro guy because of the ease of changing settings, the lighter machine and I do like the bell sounding vdi. I have not had any problems with my at pro as I have heard from several others, but I was told those were all the earliest inventory.
As for the trade I dont have any experience with the Omega to give you an opinion. Best of luck and you might want to check out this website to read more Metal Detector News, Reviews and Ratings and I woulld look at the garrett site and watch all the "how to" videos for the at pro.

OP
OP
ryaan21

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks fellas! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread