This metal detecting "noob" just got some promising news!!

CanYouDigIt

Greenie
May 7, 2012
Ocean County, NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I'm just barely a month into the hobby, and to be quite honest, was/am exhausted from hunting the same 'ole "unrewarding" property(ies), (my backyard on just under 1/2 acre), and an over-grown field about 10 acres big. From my backyard, I did manage to pull out nearly $7.00 in clad and one 1948 Rosie. Not too shabby. Also,...a COOL piece,...a 1948 dog registration tag.

Fast-forward to yesterday; the town in which I live is "relatively new" (est. 1844), but the land which it encompasses has basically been inhabited since the Colonial days. Long story short, I decided to contact a church on the outskirts of town seeking permission to detect. The church (and it's property) are located in the oldest part of town, so if permission was to be granted, I figured I'd be one step ahead of the game. Sure enough, the Father of the church emailed me back and said, "NO PROBLEM!!" AWESOME!! And while the church itself isn't that old (construction started in 1940 but was halted because of the war; finished in '47), the church and it's land, (all ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTY ACRES) are in the "old" part of town. Translation? A TON of potential!!

What better news for a beginner than that?!?! I hope to head out there in just a little bit. Waiting for the Father to call me back, as I don't just want to "show up" unannounced. Wish me luck and of course,....I'll keep all of the fine TNet members updated.

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like it will produce for years to come for you. Congrats and hope you find lots of good stuff.

OP
OP
C

CanYouDigIt

Greenie
May 7, 2012
Ocean County, NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but1.jpg Thanks Montana! Hunted for about 3 hours before the showers rolled in. Initially,...I was hunting the ACTUAL church grounds. That didn't turn up too much. Actually,...my search failed to yield not even ONE SINGLE CENT!! Nadda as far as coins/money is concerned. The only thing that the church grounds did yield was a military (or military style?) button. I say "military style" because after a quick (keyword: quick) research on the web, the button which I have does NOT resemble any authentic military button that I happened to see. That being said, again,...the research I did was for about 10-15 minutes. Unfortunately, camera batteries are dead, so the only photo I can provide is from the built in video camera on the comp. Hopefully, you'll be able to determine what it is.

On another note, weather permitting, I will be back at the church property tomorrow. HH everyone!!

May 2, 2012
Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter TK4 Tracker IV Metal Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats!
I've been searching for a site around my area for a while. Sadly -- it seems that my area is all new. v_v'
That and I have been unable to locate any source of information on the area so I might find "old" areas.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
calling yourself a "NOOB" I think it should be noobie:laughing9:

thecolonel

May 1, 2013
Hampstead, NH
Detector(s) used
Whites ID
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all that hunt potential laid before you, be sure you know fully, how to operate the detector. (My advice to any noobie)

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortés, Tejón, Cibola, Cutlass II, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Killer Bee's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HEYHEY were the noobiez!

good luck on the new field !!:icon_thumright:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_searching.gif
Nice find CanYouDigIt. Remember, the more you detect - the more comfortable you will get with your MD - the more you will understand what it is telling you and the more you will find.

DigitNY

Jan 1, 2013
Cortlandt NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab 305, Fisher CZ70 Pro, Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds great !! Best of luck with that..:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread