Im Back - - I hope

papa

Sep 21, 2006
I'm Back - - I hope

It's been way to long since I've been out digging or swapping tales with TN. Now,I hope things have turned around for me.This year I plan to go and if nothing else,just have fun digging holes.Been a couple of years and I can't stand it any longer!
I'm in Southwest Virginia,near Galax,Va.So if anyone is close by or within driving distance drop me a line.I don't have the fancy gear (still working on that) Just an old country guy who can't stand to be idle.
Most of my old hunting spots are long gone now.If anybody has ANY ideas,please let me know.Even if you don't give me a yell.Haven't talked to anyone on TN for a long long time.Except Country Girl.
OK,I'll go hitch up the mule , pack extra batteries and wrap a possium sandwich and I'll be all set to go.
Good to be back.
papa

K Zack

Feb 2, 2012
West Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab- Explorer XS, Excalibur 800, Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Fisher 1280X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome Back,
I can not help you much on any where to hunt down in Virginia, I am in West Michigan.
It would take a long time to get here by Mule and I am not so sure about the Possum Sandwich, I think I might just have to pass on that.
Good Luck and keep us posted.
Happy Hunting
Kevin

OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
Kevin,Thanks for the yell.Michigan?Now where have I heard that - Wait,is that up there around Yankee Land?Well,just to show you there are no hard feelings.I'll hook up both mules to the wagon.You help out with the feed bill?Never had a possum sandwich?Tell you a red neck secret.Ones found on the interstate are soooo much better.So tender they fall apart.

OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
Fried or barbecued? Barbecued ain't bad.Fried gives me heartburn.If I have enough time I smoke them.Add a little Tabsco,now that's good eating.

OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
State strikes again

Though I was in hog hollar today.Found a real "Honeyhole".Turn of the century buildings,old mill house,outline of several building,and crossing creeks.NEVER been hunted.I'm thinking,it will take at least a month just to cover half of this.
"If it sounds to good to be true"
I just found out this is all state land.Runs through one of their "pay fishing areas". And we all know that the state does not allow MDing .What can I say? I could,but not on here.

K Zack

Feb 2, 2012
West Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab- Explorer XS, Excalibur 800, Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Fisher 1280X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kevin,Thanks for the yell.Michigan?Now where have I heard that - Wait,is that up there around Yankee Land?Well,just to show you there are no hard feelings.I'll hook up both mules to the wagon.You help out with the feed bill?Never had a possum sandwich?Tell you a red neck secret.Ones found on the interstate are soooo much better.So tender they fall apart.

ROAD PIZZA, Now were talking.
You would fit in real well here, I am in the middle of an Amish Community.
Life is Good
Happy Hunting
Kevin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread