Unusual Pocketwatch

jadewhiskey

Mar 16, 2005
New Hampshire
Hi All,

Just wanted to get your feedback on this unusual pocket watch I have the opportunity to purchase... I don't know anything about it - no marks... I have never seen anything like it and would like to get your thoughts...

backofwatch.jpg
Back of the watch.

frontofwatch.jpg
Front of the watch.

sideview.jpg
Side View

I thought it was very unusual - but, would like some additional information. Have any of you seen anything like this before?

Thanks... Much appreciated.

JadeWhiskey (Crystal)

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
That is a cool timepiece! I can't go with the pocket watch idea though- it looks like it would feel like carrying a cue-ball in your pocket. Plus there's the fat rim on the dial side- not pocket watch like at all. But then there are the holes on the side where you would attach a chain and fob . . . hmmm.

Maybe a hypnotist's prop? It looks like the seconds-hand is missing. Does it work at all?

OP
OP
jadewhiskey

jadewhiskey

Mar 16, 2005
New Hampshire
It was amazing... It was made with Crystal. I didn't realize how big it was. But it wasn't working. Went to the auction and my daughter needed to use the restroom... Wouldn't you know it... Bidding for it went off in the 5 minutes I was gone... Poor timing... Oh well...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread