Im sick of cheapo test acids

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
I'm sick of cheapo test acids

Hi All,

I'm sure many of you test your precious metal finds yourselves, with acids or electronic testers. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but all I seem to come across on eBay, and pretty much everywhere, are those 1/2 oz plastic bottles that either have white caps and colored labels, or colored caps and B&W labels.

They're all the same, more or less. Have you noticed that when you put the caps on tightly the tip of the cap blows off? This has not just happened to me just once or twice, but with every single acid test kit I've ever used.

I'm not in the habit of over-tightening anything else in the world, I'm fairly confident that it's not just me.

So, has anyone found any quality acid test kits? Something actually made in the USA might be nice, but really it's the product that's important, regardless of where it is made. I just want to be able to screw the cap on without having to worry about it being too loose so that it leaks if tipped over, and not so tight that the cap is cracked, rendering it useless.
Mods, please feel free to move this post to a better forum if you know where it might be more appropriate.

Thanks for any help, and thanks for letting me rant. -
Batcap

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread