Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do people get so upset...." I don't get no responses to my post"

Do what you feel like doing.
If it pleases you to do a post then do it.
If your doing it to get noticed; then your doing it for wrong reason.
I have heard this from many people" I spend hours doing a post and I don't get responses to it "
BOO HOO
I have had people say to me..."I'm not posting anymore cause I don't get a response...Cry Baby....
If I spent an hour doing a post and did'nt get a response...I wouldn't give a SH%%.
IT"S WHAT I WANTED TO DO...plain and simple....

By the way...You don't have to respond to this...I don't care if you do....

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
okay im not gonna respond lol

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea me neither :unhappysmiley:

Not a Word.

My keyboard is Silent.

I'm not even going to read his post :occasion14:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my Keyboard is collecting dust :laughing7:

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
What the hell kind of post takes an hour to accomplish?

Reverend B*IKE*

Jan 11, 2009
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH BTW !!!!!!!!!!!!!MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..............................??

tparker805

May 7, 2012
Ventura county
Detector(s) used
White's Xlt spectrum
Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
an hour really ?? writers block?? or just fell asleep??:laughing9:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now this is the type of post I like to respond to, for so many numerous reasons. Ahh, where to even start :icon_scratch:

Well, first, I believe that we must start with the topic itself. Is it one of a find, tips, general questions, or any other topic deemed important by the writer. Once you have established topic, the next process is coming up with a tittle. For me the tittle alone could be a huge task. How do you think you will get the most eye catching topic tittle :dontknow: DO you go for humor, shock, BOLD FONTS, all CAPITALS, so much comes into play here.

Once I have the tittle and topic handy, I reach for my thesaurus, this way I am ready to substitute words at a more rapid pace.

Now for the story. You laugh at writers block, this is not a joking matter for some. I know at times I have a loss of thought and had to start writing this reply yesterday so it would be ready for today. :headbang:

Then I sit back and watch how many take the time to even read the crap I write :laughing7: I just look at the little counter and think, boy, these people must have nothing better to do than to read the tripe I print. They read it and don't reply... No big deal, I've already accomplished what I wanted to do which was to drag them into my world for a few minutes.

See, some are still reading this crap. :laughing7:

Then you have to laugh at yourself and look what you were dragged into. Are you going to reply :dontknow: Hell no. Why reply, that would only give confirmation that you have wasted precious time and have your name associated with the topic for all to see. But it's already too late.. I'll sit and just watch the bottom of the page to see who has visited and I then add their name to a long running list I have compiled when I first got on here.

That's right... I know who you are :laughing9:

PA-Hunter will never reply and he already read this thread :tongue3:

Last edited:

New Direction

Apr 10, 2012
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I read this whole thing and you know what my response is?

Chicago Ron

Apr 12, 2005
In the Lake in Chicago
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-trac, Excaliber II, GPX-5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was the most coherent ramble I may have ever read! WTG Spartacus! I post on a lot of forums, between hunting, videoing finds , posting finds, editing and uploading the video to you tube for everyone to enjoy. I don't have time to read most of the posts.
I peruse the topics like I do the paper and look for thing that rate a WTG or Nice find. I try to do it as often as I can.
It really dosn't bother me if people don't reply, I put it out there ecause I love this hobby and like to tell the story and show the pictures.

sandtrout

Jan 27, 2010
Everything I post is interesting....TO ME! Sometimes I get no response but on some sites it will indicate quite a few "hits" even if there is no actual response. Once in a great while, what I write will strike a kindred chord in someone. A mentor of mine once said, "Jesus Christ was the greatest salesman of all time...but He didn't sell them all. And the ones he didn't sell killed him!"

I'm on some Photography forums and some Fishing forums. I tried something different. I posted: "I've finally learned how to use a bobber. If anyone else is interested, send my a PM and I'll get the info to you." It went okay at first...got 68 requests, some on the board and some by PM. Then...I started getting flamed. "what's this PM crap?" "Oh I get it...it's a secret." or "Why not just put it here?" "I'll bet his big secret is how to find used condoms and tie them up as a bobber." After that, lots of condom comments. After that, no responses on the board for 1.5 months. And then some lady came on and replied, "[FONT=&quot]'sandtrout', thank you so much for sending me 'how to use a bobber part 1 and part 2'! You must have put a lot of time into this. It is very interesting and detailed information that you provided. It's information like this that keeps me coming back to this board. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge and your experience! I'm grateful to you for replying to my request and answering each of my questions! Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward for you to complete part 3....... [/FONT]then I got a bunch more PM request and only 2 flames. Of course I love myself...I'm always surprised when it's contagious!
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chicago Ron, my rambling was nothing more than an off the cuff joke not unlike most of my posts, but it may make you think twice before posting on any of my threads. :laughing7:

Sandtrout, with a nickname like that, who'd ever think you were into fishing :dontknow: I don't know why you would ask for unnecessary PM's when you could have posted all the info at once and let people read it live instead of waiting for you to get back to them. :tongue3: Sounds like your method is too time consuming, and having to reply 68 times!!!.. That would be a waste of my time. just having to reply to 1, or 2 requests. :laughing7:

sonofadigger, that :icon_thumright: alone was the problem from another post :laughing7: too funny :laughing9:

People are lucky enough to get my comment once, have a chuckle and move on

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread