Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: ALMOST TO MY GOAL FOR THE YEAR FOR SILVER WHAT'S YOURS

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2008
    Montana
    Curently the AT pro
    187 times
    Metal Detecting
    I set a goal each year but it has never been how many silver, this year i want to find a seated quarter only because i have yet to find one. Or a silver thimbal. Usually its just an item that i havent found yet. It makes it a little more interesting if you do find it.

us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
    200 times
    Coinshooting
    I've found around 20 silver since mid March, I don't really set a goal, I just have fun and hope for the best. I like finding things besides silver too. Big fan of Indian Head pennies..I like old toys like matchbox and tootsie toy cars...anything other than junk pleases me.
    Why do they call it "Taking a dump" when you're actually leaving one?

us
    I LIKE SHINY THINGS

Apr 2012
    SOMEWHERE
    MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
    556 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coinstriking Michigan
    I've found around 20 silver since mid March, I don't really set a goal, I just have fun and hope for the best. I like finding things besides silver too. Big fan of Indian Head pennies..I like old toys like matchbox and tootsie toy cars...anything other than junk pleases me.
    I love finding old matchbox cars
    ITS NOT HOW BIG YOUR COIL IS ITS HOW YOU SWING IT..

Common sense is so rare these days it should be classified as a super power

YOUTUBE LINK-http://www.youtube.com/user/shannonjeanne1?feature=mhee

us
    what hath god wrought

Feb 2009
    Gateway to the 1000 Islands
    Sometime(s)
    714 times
    tectin crap
    My goal is ten silver. I got's three so far. Seven to go. It wont be easy. I have to put in more time and I have to think even farther outside of the box to get silver. I think I can hit ten. My overall average in twenty years is fifteen per year, I recently broke into the three hundred silver mark. My best year was forty pieces. It amazes me that guys are pulling fifty, a hundred, or more per year. Mind blowing.
    tin finder likes this.
    Federal Bureau of Governmental Redundancy Reduction Agency

us
    Supreme Chancellor

Oct 2005
    High Five!
    65 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofadigger View Post
    Hello guys and gals just curious about everybodys goals for the year and where they stand with them This is my first full year at detecting so i set my silver goal(clad) at 150 for the year(coins) well one month in and im already at 127 i cant beleive it its been a really good start of the year for me
    What is silver goal(clad)? Are you saying you have found 127 silver coins this year or $127 in clad? or 127 pieces of clad?

us
    Son of Eagles

Mar 2010
    mɪnɨˈsoʊtə
    Minelab SE PRO, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics Delta 4000, Ace 250, BH Tracker IV
    313 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by bazinga View Post
    What is silver goal(clad)? Are you saying you have found 127 silver coins this year or $127 in clad? or 127 pieces of clad?

Apr 2012
    Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
    368 times
    No silver for 2 weeks i may have to have to get some dowsing rods

us
    It's dangerous to be right when those with a thimbleful of perceived authority are wrong.

Mar 2012
    Michigan
    White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
    121 times
    Metal Detecting
    The day I start setting goals and treating it like a competition is the day I need to find a new hobby, because at that point it ceases to be one.
    Keppy likes this.

Apr 2012
    Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
    368 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggit View Post
    The day I start setting goals and treating it like a competition is the day I need to find a new hobby, because at that point it ceases to be one.
    I just like adding to my coin collection and so far its not much of a collection lol ... been really hit around me besides reading aerial maps im not too good at research yet

us
    I LIKE SHINY THINGS

Apr 2012
    SOMEWHERE
    MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
    556 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by bazinga

127 pieces I meant either silver or clad

ca
    Nov 2010
    Canada
    Garrett A.T. Pro, Garrett GTaX 550
    561 times
    I started detecting I'm 2010. I found 53 silver coins that year, then 47 in 2011. I am hoping I can do enough research and door knocking to stay near the 50 silver coin count this year. That being said however, I would prefer quality over quantity. I have only found 7 silvers this year so far, but one of them is the oldest silver coin I have found yet. That is enough to make me happy...

Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** I use only top name brand detectors *****
    1248 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET
    Yes i agree because at that point it is not a hobby or fun then it is .....Like Work........
    "...Let no one know what,were or when..."

us
    I LIKE SHINY THINGS

Apr 2012
    SOMEWHERE
    556 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    setting goals and treating it like a competition is two totaly different things
    bazinga likes this.

us
    Supreme Chancellor

Oct 2005
    High Five!
    65 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofadigger View Post
    setting goals and treating it like a competition is two totaly different things
    My thoughts exactly. It's just setting goals. Setting a goal shouldn't take the fun out of the hobby. For years I always set my goal at 100 pieces of silver for the year. I had a couple of close years at 95 and 96, a couple of years where I was in relationships and/or engaged and I didn't even make it half way there. And then I had last year where somehow I managed 155.

Some people take the question of goal setting too seriously. It's about fun. The years I didn't make 100, I didn't feel any less enjoyment from my time spent detecting. Heck, I used to set my Indian Head goal at 100 each year. I dug #97, 98, and 99 on Dec 31 and watched my friend dig my possible #100 about 5 feet away from me. Did it take away from the fun I had that year? Not a chance!
    sonofadigger likes this.

us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
    200 times
    Coinshooting
    It may sound stupid but I almost don't want to find tons of good things...I could see it not being as enjoyable when you're finding good stuff every time. The thought and hope of finding a deep silver keeps it fun for me. It would be like eating the same food every night I guess...you enjoy it but a little less each time.
    Why do they call it "Taking a dump" when you're actually leaving one?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors