Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is silver goal(clad)? Are you saying you have found 127 silver coins this year or $127 in clad? or 127 pieces of clad?

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No silver for 2 weeks i may have to have to get some dowsing rods

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The day I start setting goals and treating it like a competition is the day I need to find a new hobby, because at that point it ceases to be one.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The day I start setting goals and treating it like a competition is the day I need to find a new hobby, because at that point it ceases to be one.
I just like adding to my coin collection and so far its not much of a collection lol ... been really hit around me besides reading aerial maps im not too good at research yet

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bazinga said:
What is silver goal(clad)? Are you saying you have found 127 silver coins this year or $127 in clad? or 127 pieces of clad?

127 pieces I meant either silver or clad

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started detecting I'm 2010. I found 53 silver coins that year, then 47 in 2011. I am hoping I can do enough research and door knocking to stay near the 50 silver coin count this year. That being said however, I would prefer quality over quantity. I have only found 7 silvers this year so far, but one of them is the oldest silver coin I have found yet. That is enough to make me happy...

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes i agree because at that point it is not a hobby or fun then it is .....Like Work........

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

setting goals and treating it like a competition is two totaly different things

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
setting goals and treating it like a competition is two totaly different things

My thoughts exactly. It's just setting goals. Setting a goal shouldn't take the fun out of the hobby. For years I always set my goal at 100 pieces of silver for the year. I had a couple of close years at 95 and 96, a couple of years where I was in relationships and/or engaged and I didn't even make it half way there. And then I had last year where somehow I managed 155.

Some people take the question of goal setting too seriously. It's about fun. The years I didn't make 100, I didn't feel any less enjoyment from my time spent detecting. Heck, I used to set my Indian Head goal at 100 each year. I dug #97, 98, and 99 on Dec 31 and watched my friend dig my possible #100 about 5 feet away from me. Did it take away from the fun I had that year? Not a chance!

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
It may sound stupid but I almost don't want to find tons of good things...I could see it not being as enjoyable when you're finding good stuff every time. The thought and hope of finding a deep silver keeps it fun for me. It would be like eating the same food every night I guess...you enjoy it but a little less each time.

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i like finding stuff period.regardless of how many times i find something its the whole reason we all love to do this its that moment when you pull something out of the ground and your like holy crap i cant beleive i just found this its a great feeling

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No matter how many times I find a silver Roosevelt dime, I always get the rush I did the first time I found one. I can't imagine ever not enjoying that. It's exciting every single time.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No matter how many times I find a silver Roosevelt dime, I always get the rush I did the first time I found one. I can't imagine ever not enjoying that. It's exciting every single time.
I found 3 rosi's in the last 2 days and i was real happy when i got 2 from the same hole .....now my goal is to get more then bazinga does

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dustytrails123 said:
I found 3 rosi's in the last 2 days and i was real happy when i got 2 from the same hole .....now my goal is to get more then bazinga does

Glad to hear your finding stuff

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's easy this year! I haven't detected in at least 6 weeks. Been too busy with other things and traveling. I'm only at 27 so far this year.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im only at 20 for the year i have more time then hunting places right now

tin finder

Greenie
May 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont jones, get ready to get close.

Where have you been detecting, normally? Im in Springfield, IL and primarily do berms/parkways. Maybe 25 silvers this year so far, and Im jonesing on finding a cache. Few days ago close to where I found a 1941 Merc dime, was where someone lost about a doz. qtrs in the late 70's. The qtrs were modern, but somewheres be the sames only with older coins. Berms/parkways, i.e., between sidewalks & curbs in front of houses often ruffles feathers, but that can be part of the fun. Philosophy: if you're starting to feel some heat, you may be getting closer to the fire?

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im central wisconsin and i only found 1 place to hunt its an old park and its super small the town only had 150 people in 1909 and never grew much and the park was never changed much either....but its pretty tapped out now and its tough finding something new

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
When friends and I get together for a group hunt, we don't say it, but it is a competition. It's also fun at the same time. Even if it's only two of us searching a new yard. No hard feelings if my buddy nails two Walkers and I find a rusty 'ol key. It's always a blast!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread