What was this Guy Thinking???...........

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I'd show you all this as it's the big story on are news here tonight.Make sure to check the Video.
Alligator Roams Highway, Bites Scientist - News Story - WCTI New Bern
And made me think of this old boy I found which was in the same area.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/todays-finds/140603-new-pictures-gator-finds.html
I see them all the time hunting the way I do but really never thought about wanting to jump on one of there backs.:laughing7: I mean really sometimes you just need to leave well enough alone.:icon_scratch:
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last week I was detecting and minding my own business when a snake bit my coil. It was a little harmless snale about 1 1/2 feet long but since I was not expecting it I did jump back. The area I was in the grass was high and this little bugger held his head up like a periscope looking for something to bite. I hope I would see a 250 lbs gator way before I got into his biting range.

Sounds like the guy had more then enough experience (2 1/2 months) to take on a 250 lbs gator and become the local town hero or just get bit in the arm.

NJ

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week I was detecting and minding my own business when a snake bit my coil. It was a little harmless snale about 1 1/2 feet long but since I was not expecting it I did jump back. The area I was in the grass was high and this little bugger held his head up like a periscope looking for something to bite. I hope I would see a 250 lbs gator way before I got into his biting range.

Sounds like the guy had more then enough experience (2 1/2 months) to take on a 250 lbs gator and become the local town hero or just get bit in the arm.

NJ
Yea he's lucky he didn't loose a limb,& only got snipped a little.:laughing7:
It be easy like I said hunting the way I do at the waters edge or even wadeing sometimes to not even see it coming but never had no problems with them myself.They normally seem ready to get out of dodge once someones in the area.I think mateing season they get a little crazy.
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread