Age of house in Barton Hollow?

TNYANKEE74

Greenie
Jul 5, 2011
loretto,tn
my wifes grandmother lived in this house a while ago,she passed away a few years back at age 90.it is in the same barton hollow that the group "the civil wars" sing about.the singer went to school with my wife.i talked to my wifes great uncle that also lived there years back and he said people lived there for a long time but it is abandoned now.this is about 2 miles from my house.any idea on the age of the house?this was taken a few years ago and is the actual house.he had something he put over the lens to make it look like a painting.btw that video was not shot at barton hollow.
turnerhouse.jpg

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
How deep to you want to dig for your answer?
You may wish to start at the Marion County Library and ask for the name, phone, etc. of the County Historian; then ask for these items to review:

• Ancient Owners of Marion Farms ; & Early History of Owen Methodist Church (Lasater, 1985) [surname index]
  • Digging for your Roots in Marion County, Tennessee (Marion County Genealogical Group, 199?)
  • Exploring the Oldest Historical Map of Marion County, Tennessee (Webb, 1999) [name index]
  • Memoirs of Marion County, Tennessee 1893-1946 (Cameron, 1946)*
  • Story of Marion County : Its People and Places (Marion County Historical Society, 1990)* [surname index]
Additional county and community histories can be found at the Bibliography of Tennessee Local History Sources: Marion County.

• Early Land Records, Marion County, Tennessee [1824-1830] (Harris, 1996)* [name index]
  • Marion County, Tennessee, Deed Book C, Abstract, 1831-1836 (Hobbs & Goins, 1993?)* [name index]
  • Enjoy the research, you may find some very interesting facts.
Don....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions