Bottle hunting in Mayfield Kentucky

OP
OP
Rachel

Rachel

May 14, 2012
Thanks you for responding. We are walking creeks just not having allot of luck.

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are things to look for that will point to dumps.... broken glass and pottery, bits of rusted metal.... that kind of stuff. check the banks for areas that look like they have been filled in. Talk to older people and ask about where old town dumps were. Good luck!

Also forgot to mention, I found a bottle dump years ago in a creek that had maybe 20 rolls of rusted barb wire on top and it was all grown over with brambles. It was a lot of work to clear, but we found some nice ones there.

Last edited:

canadiandigger

Jul 5, 2012
woodstock ontario
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter/whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the best way i find mine is by finding an old house if there is a woods behind it 99% of the time there is a bottle dump in it. i also find them by just walking around in the woods. good luck

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi Rachel . where i am not a bottle digger i do have a nice collection going, where i have found mine is under and in old houses and barns .
i spent around 10 years tearing down antique log cabins and seemed to always find 1 under every house .

Now this information may not help much but the guy i worked for doing the old cabins was a history buff and a very smart man , i remeber 2 locations he spoke of to find old bottles. pipes ect,,,
1 was a old factory where the workers would sit out back and drink /eat and smoke and throw there trash behind the factory, he said all old factorys had trash piles, now these are probally buried by now and will be hard to find.

2 was old african american grave yards , not actually in them but around them , he said it seemed there was always a trash dump next to a african american graveyard. keep in mind it needs to be a early grave yard not this century.

again i am not sure if this helps just information i remeber and it may not be 100% accurate but my old boss really knew his history so i think there is some truth to it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread