My first Arraignment was today.

cowboy444

Jul 29, 2003
Gold Beach, OR
I was in court at 9:00am this morning concerning my 2 citations for pollution by using a dredge in a scenic waterway. I tried to get the judge to dismiss both charges because of ORS 133.060 I read it to the judge.
Under ORS § 133.060¹
Cited person to appear before magistrate
(1) A person who has been served with a criminal citation shall appear before a magistrate of the county in which the person was cited at the time, date and court specified in the citation, which shall not be later than 30 days after the date the citation was issued.
Summons # 988554 is dated 4-10-12 or 4-11-12 or 4-16-12
Summons # 988553 is dated 4-16-12
Today's date is 5-21-12 that equals out to 35 days
You can look at the dates yourself at: 2 Citations
The judge said that the dates were very clearly 4-26-2012 and denyed my petition to dismiss.
I've been appointed a public defender named John Spicer. He's out of town until June 7th when I have an appointment with him.
My next court date is 6-19-2012 for my counciled arraignment. At this time I'll plead not guilty and ask for a jury trial. The date should be set at that time. I'll post more as it comes in.
cowboy444
FREEDOM- is only for those with the guts to defend it!!!
Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Lone Star, baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The date on citation 988553 by the officer's signature is clearly 4-26-12. Other dates are less clear. Citation 988554 is less clear altogether, but since it's the citation number immediately following the first, it's clarity may not much matter. Mostly, be careful about alienating the judge!

More importantly, why would you put all that personal information on the internet for everyone to see?!

Last edited:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I would admire you for defending freedom but all I can make of it is you're trying to get out of whatever they charged you with on a paperwork technicality. I am familiar with how to properly issue a citation, not in your state, but I still have some questions about this one. Your alleged violation is noted in the portion of the citation for speeding. So, were you running your dredge too fast, or too slow and holdin up other dredges? You've posted your carbon copies which are hard for us to cipher out, as we weren't there when I'm pretty sure the issuing officer explained everything pertinent to the citation when he issued it; reason for the charge, court appearance and such, not an admission of guilt, blah, blah, blah, but you might have been upset and missed that part. Still, fine with me if the whole thing is dismissed. Good luck to you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread