Help to find ring needed

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was on the beach in Myrtle today and a distressed father came up to me to help him
find the gold wedding ring he just lost. His whole family was there looking. He described
it as a large ring with sapphire inserts.

I started in ankle deep water 50 feet on each side of where the kid was building a sand
castle and worked my way up out of the water overlapping each sweep and up past the
spot of where he thinks he remembers it. I then did a sweep from the sand castle up
to their tent with no success. Used AT Pro with pro zero setting and max sensitivity.
Lots of hits on little pieces of iron but no strong hits.

It was 2 hours past low tide with the waves being pretty much straight in to the beach.
I told him I would return to try again at low tide.

Any suggestions to helping the guy?

Tom

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try to get as clear an idea as possible as to WHEN it was lost. Match that to the tide tables. Doesn't make sense to look 50 feet too far down the sand if that was all underwater when he lost it. If it was lost IN the water, you must HURRY! The ring will "dive" deep quickly and may already be too deep to get a signal. Use a sweep right above the sand for max depth. The odds of finding it, even just one day after losing it, are stacked against you. Good luck! TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread