The Nat Geo show "Diggers"

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There getting ready for a new season i think but i dont see reruns on either ....hows iowa for old coin shooting i used to live there when i was a kid and rember alot of old brick buildings in the towns now years later i think back and wish i had a detector then ...

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cancelled. Good riddance.

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
American Diggers is a stinkpot! .... That fat guy X-professional wrestler Rick Savage ... with his son (obviously he's trying to promote to fame, but his sons has the personality of a wet rock) , and they destroy everything with heavy equipment (obviosly to impress people....uh...yeah), and their finds are planted (there's a few sites out there showing the 'planters' and they made a few off-air statements I hope their network doesn't see it!...LOL), and what they sell the stuff for is SOOO inflated (I guess it's to be show-offs?.. but more of a joke to anyone with common sense).....

American Diggers is a trainwreck.... and Rick Savage might get some money at the expense of his son who looks like a dim-whit on the show... but HEY!... it's all about the money!...hehehe...(that was an honest 'tehehe')

enjoy the entertainment... as 'cheap' as it may be...LOL

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DIGGERS -on Nat Geo - will supposedly be back - I have been contacted by the production company for ideas and such
They are hopping to take good ideas and make the show better
there are also a couple of other shows that will be coming out too on detecting
once again some have contacted me for opinions and ideas
on other channels and will be better hopefully

richm

Apr 30, 2009
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
White's mxt Pro / Sun Ray DX / Ultimate Gray Ghost's / Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If "Diggers" comes back, they should change the name so it is'nt confused with "American Digger". At least on "Diggers" it's believable.

sqzdog

Dec 28, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, White's TDI
Yeah, but hopefully they'll follow some different guys around who will actually dig properly, act like adults and not participate in stupid antics. If they use the same guys, hopefully they have learned how ridiculous they acted by reading this forum and maybe watching themselves on TV and thinking to themselves, "boy, I really did act like a moron". Also, it should never be about money.

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I assure you all that the same antics will be broadcast. We are looking at a couple of gold episodes right now and were kicking around ideas of a parody on gold rush and what kind of tricks we can play on eachother. So dont you you worry your pretty little head, Team ATC will be just as idiotic as we have always been. :0)

sqzdog

Dec 28, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, White's TDI
Well, thats just wonderful. Keep on destroying the hobby that many of us love. Idiots.

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cant please everyone, and everyone needs to have something to be angry about I guess. Hope you find lots of treasure before the hobby is changed forever by a couple of idiots. :0)

ABruce

Apr 11, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Unfortunately, these days, if you can get a few thousand viewers to watch your antique finding/treasure hunting/gold mining/selling for big bucks "reality" show, they will continue to produce them. These shows cost very little to produce and the rewards can be huge! The cost of the video and recording equipment is a pittance compared to what it was just 15 years ago and these shows can be edited on virtually a home computer. There biggest expense is probably their air fare and motel costs. It seems that people just love these crappy shows. Those of us who have been collectors, dealers, metal detectors, "pickers", etc. know the real world and what you really find and how much it's really worth. These shows are appealing to people who have never been involved in that hobby or business and they now think this is an easy way to make money. There is a self storage facility up the street from me, they used to get 6 to 12 people attending the storage auctions there, now it's 75 to 100 people all expecting to find what those idiots from Auction Hunters always seem to find. Prices are driven up to the point where no one can hope to make any money any more. I never bought storage lockers, but had many friends who did, they've all quit doing it. It's the same with metal detecting, now people are going to want a "piece of the action" to let you hunt on their land. Prepare for more and more new shows of this sort this summer and fall.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Hay, it's entertainment kind of a drama commedy combo. On WED. you will see the bulldozer VS the shotgun, I can't wait. hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

snoop101

Greenie
Sep 17, 2009
Calgary, AB
I hope the show goes more towards Meteorite Men type of show. Both guys are well known professionals, teach you a bit about whats going on, and dont blow things out of proportion.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I assure you all that the same antics will be broadcast. We are looking at a couple of gold episodes right now and were kicking around ideas of a parody on gold rush and what kind of tricks we can play on eachother. So dont you you worry your pretty little head, Team ATC will be just as idiotic as we have always been. :0)
That's fine with me i have been watching .. Team ATC .. since they put out there first dvd...... And King george & Ringmaster Tim... do a good job on there dvd's and show...Keep up the good work..:thumbsup:

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Some of you guys moan and complain about these shows, yet you still watch them. You have yourself to blame. Just stop watching this crap and it will go away.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Some of you guys moan and complain about these shows, yet you still watch them. You have yourself to blame. Just stop watching this crap and it will go away.
I don't complain about diggers.. I like the show..And will watch it when it comes back on in the new season....

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Keppy said:
I don't complain about diggers.. I like the show..And will watch it when it comes back on in the new season....

Well at least your honest. Do yo watch Jerry Springer. Now that's good TV.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions