Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Is it me?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jun 2007
    Whites XLT
    28 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Is it me?

I have found that I've lost interest in Tnet. I rarely view the forum anymore and have logged on only a few times since the change. I haven't made a finds post since Jan. or Feb. due to my lack of interest. Seems like the the view counts are down as well as reply's to posts? I used to be on here 3-4 times a day and now zilch. What a bummer, I used to be hooked on this place.

us
    Jan 2007
    South Carolina
    Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
    56 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Hill Billy....I think we all go through those phases. I was off for about a year, then my interest peaked again. So now I'm back and checking in more often to see whats going on. I'm sure you will get the interest back and I will be looking to see some posts from you.

us
    Jun 2006
    treasureturf.com
    CTX 3030
    37 times
    NO I too am sick of Dealers SPAMMING their goods every other post.
    I am looking for another hangout.
    I have a dealer even PM'ing his crap and starting crap because they pay to post here and didn't like it when I was posting a dealer with a lot better prices.
    They even went out of their way to delete my post but kept his posted.
    This place went DOWNHILL very Fast!
    Last edited by GreenMeanie; May 24, 2012 at 07:29 AM.

us
    Jun 2006
    treasureturf.com
    CTX 3030
    37 times
    Here is a PM I got from Woodland Detectors a "real professional"
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; May 24, 2012 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Against TN rules to post personal PMs

us
    Feb 2009
    Miss/ Ala
    Tesoro Silver Sabre, Fisher 1266X, Tesoro Toltec
    36 times
    I haven't seen Johnny Blaze on here in a long time... The Jim Morrison guy who was always finding good stuff.

us
    Jun 2007
    Whites XLT
    28 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bigbee View Post
    I haven't seen Johnny Blaze on here in a long time... The Jim Morrison guy who was always finding good stuff.

My point exactly...alot of the regulars are gone now, what a shame.
    I'm not saying change is good or bad , I just don't view posts anymore like I used to.
    Maybe one day the Tnet bug will get me again.

HB
    88junior likes this.

us
    NJ

Nov 2006
    Middlesex County, New Jersey
    Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
    102 times
    Metal Detecting
    I still check in...at first I was not checking in as much but I would say I'm now back to about my same amount but I don't post as much.

If there is a better deal on a detector then what is being offered by one of T-Nets sponsors you should not be edited for sharing that. I do understand the no posting PMs rule since those are exactly that a private message. If the message was inappropriate you should just report it to the Mods. Even though I never dealt with Mike from Woodland he does seem like a stand up guy. I just perfer to deal with my local dealer.

NJ

us
    Supreme Chancellor

Oct 2005
    High Five!
    65 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    NO I too am sick of Dealers SPAMMING their goods every other post.
    I am looking for another hangout.
    I have a dealer even PM'ing his crap and starting crap because they pay to post here and didn't like it when I was posting a dealer with a lot better prices.
    They even went out of their way to delete my post but kept his posted.
    This place went DOWNHILL very Fast!
    This bugs me as well. Every time somebody asks questions about a machine a couple of dealers chime in saying to give them a call. You are welcome to forward any PMs to me that get deleted on the site.

Oct 2005
    XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
    116 times
    Its the same on all the forums now but people get fed up with arguing the same points over and over again with those just wanting to push a particular detector or brand or even worse, just trying to make people dissatisfied with what equipment they have got.....which might be the best they can afford at this moment in time.
    Its all more about upping the post count or worse the "Likes" count. A few thought that "likes" might be a more reliable indication of the truth in what was being posted but instead groups operate together and put up a like for each other in turn.

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    991 times
    UK Brian, I almost understand your position on the post count & like thingy, but I really don't see that as being a factor one way, or the other. You want to know what the real problem is Heck, I'll tell you anyway. It's the threads themselves. At least 25% are boring, plain and simple, another 25% ask the same question, or compete with another post. The next 25% are decent stories of finds, or some other subject, decent reading. Lastly you have the 25% that I love. Something I can sink my fangs into

There was a time my 25% of enjoyable posts was running at nearly 40%

us
    Aug 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
    White's Vision, White's 6000DI Pro
    37 times
    I've been a charter member since I first discovered this site and will probably continue to be a charter member in the future. I too go through phases of interest in reguards to Tnet. I go weeks without checking in. I do have a life outside here which requires my time and I view metal detecting as a small aspect to my life.

However, I'm a charter member because this is a good site to me and for me and want to see it continue in the future. There has been a couple changes I'm not overly fond of and a couple changes I really like...it balances out.

Tnet is a terrific resource for me when I get the bug. People post interesting things and ask unusual questions that I like reading and answering if I can. I have my favorite forums I read when I do log on. People post links to sites I have no knowledge of, maps that help me locate sites, give advice on various conditions, etc.

Yes, we do get a lot of repetitive questions on machines and which is best, etc. and yes dealers chime in with their two cents worth and I'll jump in if people want to know about the types of machines I use. That's what forums are about. You can always just skip over those discussions, just as I skip over discussions I feel have no relevance to me.

But I work a lot of hours, have lots of non-work responsibilities and other things in life that make me put Tnet on the back burner at times. So is life! If I'm on here, I'm not doing other things I like or need to do.

Yes Tnet interests me and no, I'm not so addicted to it that I allow it to consume me and I'll just put it on that back burner for a while...as do a lot of folks.

No, it's not just you.

Al
    I think...therefore I am.

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    991 times
    Quote Originally Posted by deepskyal View Post

Tnet is a terrific resource for me when I get the bug. People post interesting things and ask unusual questions that I like reading and answering if I can.

Al
    Al, this falls under my favorite 25%

The only difference is that I'll answer if I know the correct answer, or not

P.S. I also love, I mean really love a thread that asks for an opinion. I am full of those
    deepskyal likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2007
    Tennessee
    White's MXT Sunray DX-1 Falcon MD20 Garrett Seahunter Mark II
    44 times
    Maybe I am imagining things (I do that sometimes) but doesn't it traditionally slow down around here when spring hits? People spend more of their free time out hunting treasure instead of talking about it. At the same time, the forum changed. I like it better this way but a lot of people that have been around from the start did not. We had a mass exodus of some very interesting members. I believe that most of them will be back in time. After all, this is the best forum of its kind that there is.
    The creeks are all cowards and run underground and whiskey is so scarce that you can’t use it to wet down dry jokes. –The Irish Lord 1897

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell,AZ and Titusville,FL
    Right now: Garrett GTA 500, ACE 250, Fisher Impulse 8, Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT, Vibraprobe 570, and Falcon MD20
    1540 times
    Coinshooting, Gold prospecting, and Nuggetshooting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I like the site. I have been with the site off and on since it was just "Metal detecting" in the '80s. The best then and STILL the best! TTC
    The tide doesn't come in for six hours. You wanna wait here for six hours? Apocalypse Now

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    8452 times
    As late spring passes things start to slow down some as more members are out hunting and spend less time here with cabin fever.

Site traffic has now reach numbers of old format and in fact has just past traffic numbers old site was producing at time of Marc selling,......

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors