Is it me?

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
I have found that I've lost interest in Tnet. I rarely view the forum anymore and have logged on only a few times since the change. I haven't made a finds post since Jan. or Feb. due to my lack of interest. Seems like the the view counts are down as well as reply's to posts? I used to be on here 3-4 times a day and now zilch. What a bummer, I used to be hooked on this place.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hill Billy....I think we all go through those phases. I was off for about a year, then my interest peaked again. So now I'm back and checking in more often to see whats going on. I'm sure you will get the interest back and I will be looking to see some posts from you.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO I too am sick of Dealers SPAMMING their goods every other post.
I am looking for another hangout.
I have a dealer even PM'ing his crap and starting crap because they pay to post here and didn't like it when I was posting a dealer with a lot better prices.
They even went out of their way to delete my post but kept his posted.
This place went DOWNHILL very Fast!

Last edited:

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a PM I got from Woodland Detectors a "real professional"

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom Bigbee

Feb 17, 2009
Miss/ Ala
Detector(s) used
1266X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't seen Johnny Blaze on here in a long time... The Jim Morrison guy who was always finding good stuff.

OP
OP
Hill Billy

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't seen Johnny Blaze on here in a long time... The Jim Morrison guy who was always finding good stuff.

My point exactly...alot of the regulars are gone now, what a shame.
I'm not saying change is good or bad , I just don't view posts anymore like I used to.
Maybe one day the Tnet bug will get me again.

HB

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I still check in...at first I was not checking in as much but I would say I'm now back to about my same amount but I don't post as much.

If there is a better deal on a detector then what is being offered by one of T-Nets sponsors you should not be edited for sharing that. I do understand the no posting PMs rule since those are exactly that a private message. If the message was inappropriate you should just report it to the Mods. Even though I never dealt with Mike from Woodland he does seem like a stand up guy. I just perfer to deal with my local dealer.

NJ

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO I too am sick of Dealers SPAMMING their goods every other post.
I am looking for another hangout.
I have a dealer even PM'ing his crap and starting crap because they pay to post here and didn't like it when I was posting a dealer with a lot better prices.
They even went out of their way to delete my post but kept his posted.
This place went DOWNHILL very Fast!

This bugs me as well. Every time somebody asks questions about a machine a couple of dealers chime in saying to give them a call. You are welcome to forward any PMs to me that get deleted on the site. :)

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its the same on all the forums now but people get fed up with arguing the same points over and over again with those just wanting to push a particular detector or brand or even worse, just trying to make people dissatisfied with what equipment they have got.....which might be the best they can afford at this moment in time.
Its all more about upping the post count or worse the "Likes" count. A few thought that "likes" might be a more reliable indication of the truth in what was being posted but instead groups operate together and put up a like for each other in turn.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UK Brian, I almost understand your position on the post count & like thingy, but I really don't see that as being a factor one way, or the other. You want to know what the real problem is :dontknow: Heck, I'll tell you anyway. It's the threads themselves. At least 25% are boring, plain and simple, another 25% ask the same question, or compete with another post. The next 25% are decent stories of finds, or some other subject, decent reading. Lastly you have the 25% that I love. Something I can sink my fangs into :laughing7:

There was a time my 25% of enjoyable posts was running at nearly 40% :laughing9:

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been a charter member since I first discovered this site and will probably continue to be a charter member in the future. I too go through phases of interest in reguards to Tnet. I go weeks without checking in. I do have a life outside here which requires my time and I view metal detecting as a small aspect to my life.

However, I'm a charter member because this is a good site to me and for me and want to see it continue in the future. There has been a couple changes I'm not overly fond of and a couple changes I really like...it balances out.

Tnet is a terrific resource for me when I get the bug. People post interesting things and ask unusual questions that I like reading and answering if I can. I have my favorite forums I read when I do log on. People post links to sites I have no knowledge of, maps that help me locate sites, give advice on various conditions, etc.

Yes, we do get a lot of repetitive questions on machines and which is best, etc. and yes dealers chime in with their two cents worth and I'll jump in if people want to know about the types of machines I use. That's what forums are about. You can always just skip over those discussions, just as I skip over discussions I feel have no relevance to me.

But I work a lot of hours, have lots of non-work responsibilities and other things in life that make me put Tnet on the back burner at times. So is life! If I'm on here, I'm not doing other things I like or need to do.

Yes Tnet interests me and no, I'm not so addicted to it that I allow it to consume me and I'll just put it on that back burner for a while...as do a lot of folks.

No, it's not just you.

Al

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tnet is a terrific resource for me when I get the bug. People post interesting things and ask unusual questions that I like reading and answering if I can.

Al

Al, this falls under my favorite 25% :thumbsup:

The only difference is that I'll answer if I know the correct answer, or not :laughing9:

P.S. I also love, I mean really love a thread that asks for an opinion. I am full of those :tongue3:

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I am imagining things (I do that sometimes) but doesn't it traditionally slow down around here when spring hits? People spend more of their free time out hunting treasure instead of talking about it. At the same time, the forum changed. I like it better this way but a lot of people that have been around from the start did not. We had a mass exodus of some very interesting members. I believe that most of them will be back in time. After all, this is the best forum of its kind that there is.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the site. I have been with the site off and on since it was just "Metal detecting" in the '80s. The best then and STILL the best! TTC

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As late spring passes things start to slow down some as more members are out hunting and spend less time here with cabin fever.

Site traffic has now reach numbers of old format and in fact has just past traffic numbers old site was producing at time of Marc selling,......

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found this site, and love it. The designs fine too. Also, please halt the popups that tell us to download the app...

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was a regular on the forum a decade ago. I have been so busy with my publishing business and other ventures that I finally found time to return after my cardiologist told me to get out more. I cut the amount of work I do in favor of good recreation-time activities. So, I grabbed a new machine and started swinging a coil again.

Before Mickey Cochran left Bounty Hunter, I was heavily involved writing Bounty Hunter reviews and answering questions on TNet. There are still a lot of people here that I remember from years ago, but many are gone.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had a few e-mails from people who have left the forum this year and where have they gone for their metal detecting "fix" ? Nowhere ! All the forums suffer the same problems with people plugging a second rate detector or their own third rate book and the "experts" who you will never compete with because their finds and experiences are just in their mind. So some are just giving forums a rest full stop.

Got to admit the thing that REALLY did bug me this year was the "just about to recover the hoard posts" that seemed to go on for months and not just one hoard but several all at the same time.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got to admit the thing that REALLY did bug me this year was the "just about to recover the hoard posts" that seemed to go on for months and not just one hoard but several all at the same time.

Agreed...that is where the unsubscribe function comes in hand..I originally commented on that thread and got sick of seeing it so now I don't. I do like that addition...

NJ

rex

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i joined this site in april of this year. i have only been detecting for a little more than a year and find this site very informative. don't know anything about the way it was run in the past and don't care. what i do know is when i have posted my finds i have received positive comments and good information about the finds. i hope you old pros stick around because this newbe has a lot more to learn. h.h.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread