kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In before it turns into a brand name WAR!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, Rapidroy, I will say this. ALL metal detector companies would and could put enough into the detecting aspect to get as deep a penetration as possible. But that is not always what has to be done to sell a product. The bells and whistles are EXTRA so one product would be more enticing than another. Bigger and better does not always equate to deeper and more sensitive. The best detector on the market is no good unless the "brain housing group" puts the bells and whistles to best use. TTC

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm, I'd say that any detector, that will alert you in any fashion when over metal, is a winner

OP
OP
rapidroy7

rapidroy7

Sep 25, 2009
Thank you TerryC , sure wasnt trying to start brand war, hope people can take things with a grain of salt on a open forum?People dont like to be sold anything but they love 2 buy!I guess you could say brain housing groups if you included my dense noggin?HH 2all

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only a few detectors have the ability to use much peak to peak power. If you want a U.S. machine its the Nautilus DMC series (up to 44 volts), Golden Mask Power can manage 120 volts. Most detectors use six to eight volts.

Almost forgot to add that any detection system using a degree of discrimination on the primary, or in the case of most detectors, only search mode, just can't be efficient as discrimination still costs you depth as it always did. Nautilus thought about the problem and came up with a working solution years back which is why there's never been a need for an upgrade apart from improving weight/balance.

Last edited:

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Any detector that will run in a true all metal mode will use all it's power for finding metal. It's when you start running power through discrimination circuits and all the bells and whistles is when you start missing targets. Depth and sensitivity to very small targets comes with true all metal. Tesoro machines come to mind.

-Swartzie

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You then have to define "true all metal" , most old-timers would say it has to be non motion and thats true for most older designs but if you try some newer detectors that have the choice of motion or non-motion, all metal motion often has the edge.

OP
OP
rapidroy7

rapidroy7

Sep 25, 2009
Thanks Swartzie and Brian alot of good info!I went through some of that with my first machine Tesoro compadre with E.D. 180 vs. E.D. 120, with the 180 being true all-metal.When I got my T-2 i E-mailed Teknetics wondering what the T-2 used 120 or 180 boy was that a mistake!lol but i think the T-2 is true all-metal also? Now I own a CZ-5 and 3d wich became my highest and lowest running khz all in one unit. HH rr7

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro's are hard to beat (imo) as far as battery life...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread