All Treasure Hunting
wow can not believe i missed this,hi easttrail

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI, thread is 2 years old......

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm sorry but I feel the whole thread was bogus and it deserves to go back to the archives. It sparked a good debate but under false pretenses.

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just because it's in or on the ground doesn't make it yours. So leave us alone. We search records, maps, stories and get acquainted with values of artifacts and old stuff. We may be more professional than you just because you have a piece of paper. We can't advertise certain things on Ebay without someone wanting Proof of when and where it was found. Then have authorities claim we stole it.

That is why many new detectorists are wary of any professional interest in our stuff. You want it for yourself and make the site off-limits. TV is just that. To piss stupid people off enough to DEMAND action and are OUTRAGED by the conduct. Well tough ****. I'm outraged that young soldiers have to detect and disarm bombs. It's all a PR ratings game for you 9good guys) and the cable channels where characters with one tooth grab headlines.

In my opinion if someone spends their off time reading and searching sites to add a worthless piece of change, old bone, pottery chard to their little collection, let em. It's a hobby. YOU have a paying job to hassle people who just want to enjoy their hobby. Geez.... I am so sick of any regulation or person claiming some right to meddle in other peoples affairs.

The huge majority of artifacts in museums were not found by you guys. Usually stolen from the people who found them. (Deleted by mod)
BB

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Part of post was out of line, against our rules and was deleted BB. He is/was a member here and deserves same respect as other members, he violated no rules here..

Last edited:

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Who resurrected this p.o.s.? "I'm from the government - I'm here to help."

Bite me.

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I wish you new guys would stop resurrecting these old dead post. The guy is probably gone. If you want to talk about a subject, start a post. Frank five star.png
skull etc 013-1-platinum_edited-3.jpg

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok don't shoot me we have a local Archaelogical dig going on in my county know. I just saw the news story. I think in the long run The Metal Detecting Community will get its due respect. With all the detected finds from wars on U.S soil, like buttons, belt buckles and plates, tokens, company script and even dog tax tags we have contributed to National and local history in a big way. I saw a few digs in the past and watched, one was at Fort Niagara in New York and one was in Havre de Grace Maryland and I watched with interest and found the people doing the dig very friendly. Here is my local dig link.

Archaeologists work to save relics before construction - Cecil Daily: Local News

bofusmosby

Apr 28, 2011
Tampa Florida
Detector(s) used
Many many different ones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see that May 29th, 2012 was the last post of the Archaeologist. I would have enjoyed having a discussion with him. too bad he didn't stay with this thread.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks; I just read this Post. I to have a lot I'd like to talk about regarding this subject but knowing this Thread is 2 years old now. All
I can say is early HAPPY HOLLOWEEN. !!! :tongue3: :occasion14: :laughing7: :laughing7: :thumbsup: PEACE:RONB. :headbang:

PS: It wasn't me that done it. !!! :thumbsup:

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Besides my present hobby of detecting, my 32yr background in archaeology is basically fieldwork as a Shovel Bum/Survey/Record/administer Sites on Public Lands. - so we are near like on opinion of these TV shows, that portray metal detectorists as SITE Looters!
Another view of of the actual state of things, is that us detectorists are actually recording, sharing their objects with pride - and very few of us sell our stuff!
...and we pass them around at club meetings, your finds are shared with. Miniature museums...!
Also, returning lost items to the owners is a great feeling to have.
And a few even go on volunteer projects for FS and BLM, finding metal - to add to the total history of this State.
So, me in my retirement, continued to study history, on piece at a time...!
I love metal detecting and the comradeship of your friends. Each person adds to the collective knowledge of the whole.
We learn from each other....

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
archaeologists had these peoples yard torn up for months, they used to track all mud in their house and eat their food. when they had all the bones dug up? they left, no help with the property clean up, just a messy house and a big hole in the front yard., i remember when they found it, the family used to speak about it on the news, .. careful who you call when find stuff like this.

Hyde Park Mastodon | Mastodon bones found in backyard pond - Baltimore Sun

fliermartin

Sep 11, 2014
southeast wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ATgold and Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see laws being changed to protect archaeological artifacts of 50 years old. I thought it was a study of past cultures. The law used to be 100 years because if the people are still around its not a past culture is it. That would make what you want to call a archaeological artifact just a lost item. makes me feel archaeologist are being gready.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe this guy is what terry said he might be.Someone sitting in their underwear trying to make himself important he is very evasive on answering the first question.If you worked for the fbi/cia or us marshalls i could see it.But i don't buy what you are trying to sell.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Member has not logged in since 2012.

Reminder attacking members violates our rules, several here are violating our rules...

Thread is locked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread