K Zack

Feb 2, 2012
West Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab- Explorer XS, Excalibur 800, Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Fisher 1280X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Bottom Line here is. Are you in it for the Money? Or are You in it for the thrill of the Hunt?
If you are in it for the Money? There is No Split!!!
If you are in it for the Thrill? Get Pictures and hand it to the Property Owner and say Thank you for letting Me hunt your Land.
The Only thing I make it Clear that I want to Keep is any thing I can Return to its Original Owner.
I would guess that about 60 to 70 % of the time the Property Owner will hand it right back to You.
A Happy Property Owner Always has friends that they will tell what you have done for them.
More places to Hunt!!!
Life is Good.
Happy Hunting
Kevin

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can do 50/50 with him gitting first choice but first you can offer him choice of anything you find and see what he says on that, if he is still hesitant, try 1/3 before you go to 50/50...

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I was to do a 50/50 I would want first choice, and would also work in the deal the option to buy anything at fair market value. Most people expect such great things they would probably agree to that expecting a nice payday, but it won't be your fault if a decent find is only worth $10... which will probably be the case. Land owners are for the most part only interested in the money so if you can pay a little to keep it all why not.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Best way to lose a friend is if they think you are cheating them. I would let him decide what he thinks is fair and if you agree have fun hunting. If he is too unreasonable just say thanks but nevermind. Money always causes more problems then it solves. Now if you have research showing a possibly big $$$ cache go 50/50 and get it in writing just incase you do get lucky and dig a big bag of gold coins:thumbsup:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
His land...his stuff...his choice.

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never had to split, percentage wise, but I've told owners that if I found something of monetary value that I wanted to keep, I would find the value, then give him half.
I always mention that no matter what, if something found pertained to his or her family, it's theirs.
Carl

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Facts to take into consideration. -Your friend is letting you hunt on his farm.
-You have no research time invested
-there is no known cache that you are looking for.
- You are friends so ask him what percentage he would like if you find something really valueable. hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread