Disney resort on vero beach Florida

ppratt

Jun 19, 2003
South western PA
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Not sure what kinda luck you will have there, but I do wish you luck. I for one cant stand that place (disney) . If Walt was alive today I would love to kick him . In no way shape or form is the the happiest place on earth. It's a living breathing hell.

But lots of people love it, so best of luck to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1000's have done there
its in treasure coast area
place was hit hard by hurricanes and tons of new sand was brought in
you cant hit in the water - only wet sand and dry
you might get recent drops
good luck

OP
OP
MADJOKER

MADJOKER

Jun 25, 2011
Missouri City, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
ppratt said:
Not sure what kinda luck you will have there, but I do wish you luck. I for one cant stand that place (disney) . If Walt was alive today I would love to kick him. In no way shape or form is the the happiest place on earth. It's a living breathing hell.

But lots of people love it, so best of luck to you.

Now that was funny!! Needed a good laugh after my day today.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
MADJOKER

MADJOKER

Jun 25, 2011
Missouri City, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
CASPER-2 said:
1000's have done there
its in treasure coast area
place was hit hard by hurricanes and tons of new sand was brought in
you cant hit in the water - only wet sand and dry
you might get recent drops
good luck

Thanks for the heads up. I was reading somewhere that the water maybe off limits glad to get it confirmed before I went in there. Hopefully I have some luck but it will be a nice hunt regardless for me. Love being able to clear my mind while hunting.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminder to please watch the language..... This is a family friendly forum...

OP
OP
MADJOKER

MADJOKER

Jun 25, 2011
Missouri City, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Thanks for the responses. I will hope for the best while I am out there.

OP
OP
MADJOKER

MADJOKER

Jun 25, 2011
Missouri City, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Well my trip to Vero is over and all I found was a nickel after two days of hunting the beach. Was a few other detectorists as well do they may have scooped up some stuff before I could get to it. Oh well guess thats why they call it hunting and not finding.

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Two days and a nickel? Thats a disaster! I have gone to beaches that are swarming with people with detectors, and still can manage a bit more than that in just 1 hour. Must be some explaination, i would be very disappointed, hopefully you enjoyed the rest of the trip :)

OP
OP
MADJOKER

MADJOKER

Jun 25, 2011
Missouri City, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
signal said:
Two days and a nickel? Thats a disaster! I have gone to beaches that are swarming with people with detectors, and still can manage a bit more than that in just 1 hour. Must be some explaination, i would be very disappointed, hopefully you enjoyed the rest of the trip :)

I sure did enjoy the rest of the trip back to Disney World tomorrow. I was a bit disappointed in the lack of finds but checking in with the others they were not having much luck either. Not sure what was going on.

The only thing I could think of is that since it is a Disney resort I am at nobody is really walking waking around with money since every thing goes on your room card so that explained the lack of clad. But was surprised that I was not able to find anything else.

I even told my wife that I was not sure my detector was even working (Of course that turned into a "You just want a more expensive detector") conversation. I kept tossing that nickel I found back in the sand to confirm I could find it again.

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
I went to Disney about 4 years back. We all love it there. Been there several times over the years. The last trip we stayed at the Sea Garden Inn in Vero Beach. Absolutely had a blast. First time out with my Ace 250. Didn't find much, a few quarters and such, but enjoyed every bit of it. We went to Mel Fishers Museum and saw some of the treasure from the 1715 fleet. The people at the museum told me that the day before on the beach there, an 8 yr old girl kicked up a reale with her foot. I'm sure things like that happen from time to time. I still plan on returning someday (soon, I hope.) While I was filming my children out in the water, a manatee swam right up to them!!!! What a treat. I still think there is treasure to be found. Call me a dreamer. I was told that you could go in the water, but only out so many feet. I saw people there detecting about 15 feet from shore.
Hope that was a memorable vacation.
HH,
dustbuster

OP
OP
MADJOKER

MADJOKER

Jun 25, 2011
Missouri City, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
I went to Disney about 4 years back. We all love it there. Been there several times over the years. The last trip we stayed at the Sea Garden Inn in Vero Beach. Absolutely had a blast. First time out with my Ace 250. Didn't find much, a few quarters and such, but enjoyed every bit of it. We went to Mel Fishers Museum and saw some of the treasure from the 1715 fleet. The people at the museum told me that the day before on the beach there, an 8 yr old girl kicked up a reale with her foot. I'm sure things like that happen from time to time. I still plan on returning someday (soon, I hope.) While I was filming my children out in the water, a manatee swam right up to them!!!! What a treat. I still think there is treasure to be found. Call me a dreamer. I was told that you could go in the water, but only out so many feet. I saw people there detecting about 15 feet from shore.
Hope that was a memorable vacation.
HH,
dustbuster

It sure was a great trip. I bet there is still stuff to find there but I was just not finding it. I did get out pretty far with the low tide one day which I was happy about since I had heard that the water was not allowed. Hope you make it back there soon!

PYRATE

Jun 24, 2012
Cackalacky
Detector(s) used
arrr, just need me nose
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Disney is fastidious about keeping everything spotless and cleans their beaches with a "surf rake", "beach groomer" or something similar.

You won't find debris, valuable or not, on their properties for more than a day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread