Name one feature you wish your metal detector had....

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L-Cadillac-59.jpg Really cool tail fins!
Seriously, I'm thinking of having a buddy do a real good low rider paint job on my old Silver Eagle.
Carl

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A backlight on the screen for super bright sunny days or when it gets too dark to see. Monty

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A backlight on the screen for super bright sunny days or when it gets too dark to see. Monty

Backlight has my vote :icon_thumright:

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking about depth disc just the other day. I guess I'm not gonna cash in on that idea now lol. It would be really cool I'm certain areas.
I wish my AT Pro had a backlit screen and a clock.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all the tsunami debris headed for the west coast I would like to have a Geiger Counter mode to check for radiation before I dig! :laughing7:

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ignoring the top layer of coins won't help us out all here in the S.F Bay Area, especially hunting in the San Francisco parks. Our gopher infestation has brought up hundreds if not thousands of silver coins. I've had numerous seated, barber, and merc coins that were only 1 or 2 inches deep.
I'd be feeding those gophers! Breed and populate, and bring up the silver!

I like the ideas of a clock and an estimated battery life indicator. Also I wouldn't mind if I could load MP3's or play a radio from my detector. Good ideas.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, my XLT has an accurate battery voltage readout when I turn it on so I Background-2.jpg know the amount of time it will hold out.
What I would like to see is a strobe that flashes when you hit a good target. I am working on that now. It would allow you to watch the ground while scanning, but get instant notification of a good targer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread