Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I spend about 90% of my TN time in Today's Finds and don't really get around the forum that much. So, there's lots happening I guess I've missed.

So maybe some of you can educate me on a few things?

From what I've picked up on from various posts, it seems like some are saying that Charter Members can elect to ignore certain other members...correct?

Assuming this is so, just how does that system work?

I know one must become a Charter member first, but what I mean is, how far does the ignoring go?

Can a Charter Member :
1. ignore the postings to their threads by certain people?
2. ignore the PM's of certain people?
3. ignore the topic threads of certain people?

I'm just curious.

Thanks,

Badger

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
the way it works badge is you click the ignore user tab under the members name you want to ignore, and any time that member posts, it will only say " user ignored" or something to that effect. i dont use it much, only on one or two knuckleheads. ;)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beg pardon govnah ;D

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Paul is Dead said:
Bager,

From what I understand, if you are put on ignore too many times then your house starts to dissapper. Then CG puts you on ignore you can see through your hand!!! So just be in a happy place... ;D OH, you know I am! ;D ;D ;D

And if you misspell ignore on spell check, do you press ignore?

:D :D

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Well now, so far I've gotten replies from the following:

hollowpointred

Baron Von De Kalb

COUNTRY GIRL

Paul is Dead

gypsyheart

I think Paul summed it all up very nicely. In a round about way he wrote: "People who live in glass houses shouldn't ignore or they may get stoned" And gypsyheart A-mened that! Well done Paul!

hollowpointred makes a super point with his comment about ignoring the jerkos. Man, that would be worth a few bucks to the cause.

COUNTRY GIRL is sweet. The type of person who is able to recognize a true artist and brilliant gentleman when she sees him.

Baron Von De Kalb whom I call "the deacon" adds his spiritual perspective of the whole thing.

Thanks to all!

Oh, one more question: Among all the posts there's this big BLANK spot??? Anybody know who that was? hehehe! ;D

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly, I ignore posts which I think are dumb, stupid, retarded, ignorant or otherwise down right silly. HOOOOWEVER. I always respond to those which I find smart, intellectual, informed or otherwise down right enjoyable.

Laater...

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Will.Dig.For.Clad said:
Honestly, I ignore posts which I think are dumb, stupid, retarded, ignorant or otherwise down right silly. HOOOOWEVER. I always respond to those which I find smart, intellectual, informed or otherwise down right enjoyable.

Laater...

You're just the type of person we're looking for at my "POLL: How Well Do You Read Postings On TreasureNet?" found down in Comedy Central.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I've never used the ignore feature on this site, even when Cyn was around. Just to fascinating to see what she'd come up with next! ::) I guess that makes me a masochist- Uh-oh, time for gold rush- c ya!

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
Jeffro, I'm with you. I have been using forums so long I can tune the wrong response out in a heartbeat. There is another compter-technical forum and every other post is so ignorant that I don't even open the thread because I know it was made by a 15 year old and I don't want to hear their immature rantings about nothing. I haven't found anybody like that here. This place has good people and I WANT to hear what they have to say.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh!!! confused please delete. Badger please on the kindly can't see you. Oh well have a good one Badger. ;D Damn delete button!

Burdie

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan Badger said:
Will.Dig.For.Clad said:

Laater...

You're just the type of person we're looking for at my "POLL: How Well Do You Read Postings On TreasureNet?" found down in Comedy Central.
:) ;) :D ;D :o ::) :P :-*

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COUNTRY GIRL said:
Badger dear who could ever ignore you?

Yeah! :'( Who could? :-*

:)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OKAY, who put the Ignore tab on my back, and then told my wife about it! :o

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
I always wondered about the "ignore user" button. To me to ignore a user is just to not reply to their posts. But just because I don't reply to your post doesn't mean I am ignoring you. (covered my behind with that statement ;))

Don't worry badger - I'm not ignoring you. ;D

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beside the same old "WOW HH WTG " gets stale like a 5 day old dog turd ::)
sometimes its better to admire from afar :-\
and strive for excellence that you see presented before you

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Baron Von De Kalb said:
beside the same old "WOW HH WTG " gets stale like a 5 day old dog turd ::)
sometimes its better to admire from afar :-\
and strive for excellence that you see presented before you

HH

WTG

>Snnnoorrtt< Um, did I miss anything? LOL
The WTG and HH are great ways to get your post numbers up though, used to be a guy in the 3000 post rang, and I swear only like 1 in 10 posts had any substance, the rest was WTG.... HH! :D

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't ignore anyone.Except the wife that is! When i'm on here! ;) ;D I tried it a time or two on a member or two,then said why bother? I might miss something worth ranting about! :o

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm currently using the feature because a gave my phone number to a guy and then he just kept calling me, every other day or so and sometimes daily! It cost me $47 but I ended up changing my phone number... then the guy called me at work! >:(

Not that he's not a nice guy and all, he is. But he just kept bugging me. You know, if I never call you back, shouldn't that tell you something! Too bad I can't devote my every awake minute to metal detecting and just leave the wife and kids home alone every minute I'm not at work.

But the ignore feature doesn't do what I thought it would do for me. What it actually does is BLOCK YOU from reading the other member's threads. That's all it does.

I originally thought that it would block that member from seeing me online and block him from reading my posts, but it doesn't do that at all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread