minelab excalibur 2

iamfree

May 1, 2012
nowhere
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just bought a minelab excalibur 2!!! picked it up from ron of gold digger metal detectors here in nj.... in two months or so ive gone from a garret ace 250 to minelab safari then added the excaliber 2... this addiction is getting costly now. i just couldnt help it, everytime i went to the beach with the safari, i would just stare at the water thinking about what im missing... ... WELL NO MORE!!!!.... tomorrow ill be watching the clock at work waiting to swim with the fishes!!

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you need to get a straight shaft and knob guard for that excaliber, It makes swinging it in the water a whole lot easier, well worth the money paid for it! Good luck.............Scott.

OP
OP
I

iamfree

May 1, 2012
nowhere
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
took it out today and it really wasnt that bad swinging it... but boy did it feel cool to be chest deep with this beast fully submerged. and i was very surprised to find out i can recover the target mostly on the first shot, if not, no more that three try's. this machine brings a whole new level to metal detecting. i dont think ill be touching the safari for the rest of the summer!!... by the way 36 cents, a few fishing weights, and random brass pieces....im confident the gold will come soon, its early still and only one outing so far...

Last edited:

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember to always keep it in disc mode and keep the disc turned all the way down to #1. That way you won't miss any platinum rings. Dig all signals at the beach or in the water! Good luck!............Scott.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also go with a slow sweep, give it time to work deep,

LowTideJoe

Jul 15, 2012
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excalibur II
Formerly owner of a Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I just bought a new Excalibur II yesterday from a local dealer. I took it down to VA Beach today. My question to RodBuster209 is what should I have my sensitivity set at in the water and then in the dry sand? I had a Whites MXT, but traded it in for the Excal II. With the Excal II, I did not find much but 3 screw caps. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
I

iamfree

May 1, 2012
nowhere
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought a new Excalibur II yesterday from a local dealer. I took it down to VA Beach today. My question to RodBuster209 is what should I have my sensitivity set at in the water and then in the dry sand? I had a Whites MXT, but traded it in for the Excal II. With the Excal II, I did not find much but 3 screw caps. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
After using this for a while now, and with most any detector, set it till it stops falsing. here in NJ with all the black sand its usually about 12 o-clock on the dry sand and 1-2 o-clock on the wet sand. in discriminate mode...with discriminate knob set to its lowest setting. you get to learn the tones

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread