How to destroy metal detecting for everyone.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I never sell ANYTHING I find. I have a job to earn money. Would I sell my Morgan, or keydate barber half? No way, what the hell for. Why would i sell something I searched so hard for, just for stupid modern money? It would be a waste in my opinion. When I die, I will leave everything that I have found to the local museum. I guess I would sell my finds if my family was starving or something...
To each his own..... like i said before i am not a collector or horder..........It is no thrill for me to store any thing on a shelf or in a case or in a box..... And look at it now and then....... All it does is take up space ..... and does not do me any good ........ And as giving any thing to a museum i would never do that.... And like i said to "EACH HIS OWN".....................

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
J.Cache said:
I never sell ANYTHING I find. I have a job to earn money. Would I sell my Morgan, or keydate barber half? No way, what the hell for. Why would i sell something I searched so hard for, just for stupid modern money? It would be a waste in my opinion. When I die, I will leave everything that I have found to the local museum. I guess I would sell my finds if my family was starving or something...

Thank you I would go teckting with you any time!! Finally someone that gets it.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you I would go teckting with you any time!! Finally someone that gets it.
......GET'S IT....:laughing9: :laughing9: HA HA HA :laughing9: :laughing9: PARDON ME FOR LAUGHING ..... BUT GET'S WHAT.... THAT COLLECTING AND HORDING IS THE ONLY WAY TO DO IT.............. IF THAT IS WHAT YOU LIKE THAT'S FINE..... I DON'T LIKE COLLECTING I LIKE SELLING.............LIKE I SAID...." TO EACH THERE OWN " i WON'T KNOCK YOUR WAY AND YOU DON'T KNOCK MINE......................YOU ARE HAPPY YOUR WAY AND I AM HAPPY MY WAY........ BOTH WAYS ARE THE RIGHT WAY ...........IT IS JUST WHAT EACH INDIVIDUAL LIKE'S AND IS HAPPY WITH.............. I THINK I HAVE TO MUCH TIME ON MY HAND'S .... I HAVE TO SPEND THIS WEEK END LOOKING FOR SOME GOOD THINGS TO SELL....................

Last edited:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Back to the original subject...Does anyone know if Ric Savage is a member here or have an email address for him? I would like to hear his defence to all of our *****ing about him and his show. I'm sure he is no coward but I'll bet he has been warned by the legal department at Spike not to engage in any arguments with the likes of us. Now THAT would be a fun thread:laughing7:

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back to the original subject...Does anyone know if Ric Savage is a member here or have an email address for him? I would like to hear his defence to all of our *****ing about him and his show. I'm sure he is no coward but I'll bet he has been warned by the legal department at Spike not to engage in any arguments with the likes of us. Now THAT would be a fun thread:laughing7:

There was a thread going called "tell Ric savage what you think...". His email was posted, he wants feedback.

[email protected]

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Keppy said:
......GET'S IT....:laughing9: :laughing9: HA HA HA :laughing9: :laughing9: PARDON ME FOR LAUGHING ..... BUT GET'S WHAT.... THAT COLLECTING AND HORDING IS THE ONLY WAY TO DO IT.............. IF THAT IS WHAT YOU LIKE THAT'S FINE..... I DON'T LIKE COLLECTING I LIKE SELLING.............LIKE I SAID...." TO EACH THERE OWN " i WON'T KNOCK YOUR WAY AND YOU DON'T KNOCK MINE......................YOU ARE HAPPY YOUR WAY AND I AM HAPPY MY WAY........ BOTH WAYS ARE THE RIGHT WAY ...........IT IS JUST WHAT EACH INDIVIDUAL LIKE'S AND IS HAPPY WITH.............. I THINK I HAVE TO MUCH TIME ON MY HAND'S .... I HAVE TO SPEND THIS WEEK END LOOKING FOR SOME GOOD THINGS TO SELL....................

Assuming you use or even own a metal detector, please post what you find before you sell it. I have never seen a post from you under today's find section or any part of T-net. we would be interested in seeing your valuable items that puts all that money in your pocket.

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Assuming you use or even own a metal detector, please post what you find before you sell it. I have never seen a post from you under today's find section or any part of T-net. we would be interested in seeing your valuable items that puts all that money in your pocket.
:laughing9: You do say some funny things i will say that like i don't own a metal detector :laughing9::laughing9: .....My self like some others on tnet........ Do not post our finds.......we do not post pictures of our finds....... We do not tell in our post's what we find......... read my signature below.......... As for owning a metal detector i own more than one ....... I probably had a metal detector before you knew what a metal detector was.............AND AS I SAID THERE ARE SOME OF US ON TNET THAT DO NOT POST OUR FINDS...... IF YOU HAVE BEEN HERE ANY LENGTH OF TIME AT ALL YOU WOULD KNOW THAT...........

Last edited:

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Keppy said:
You are pretty new here my self like some others on tnet........ Do not post our finds.......we do not post pictures of our finds....... We do not tell in our post's what we find......... read my signature below.......... As for owning a metal detector i own more than one ....... I probably had a metal detector before you knew what a metal detector was.............AND AS I SAID THERE ARE SOME OF US ON TNET THAT DO NOT POST OUR FINDS...... IF YOU HAVE BEEN HERE ANY LENGTH OF TIME AT ALL YOU WOULD KNOW THAT...........

I don' know what you mean by new. I joined t-net in 2007. Is that new? So how do you sell your finds? Do you post them on e-bey. LOL

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought that after Diggers was on tv ....... That i saw some were here on Tnet that Savage or one from his group was here......... Talking about how there show Americian Diggers was going on tv and was to be better than the Diggers show................... But i can not remember his Tnet name........ could be some one else does and tell us.................... And i agree with ypu that would be a fun thread.............

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
...........................boom baby......every one wants $$$$ no matter what they say..... View attachment 643395

I agree. And too, many items are ruined by diggers who don't understand preservation. In the long run with all things considered, the archeologist are right. Most (not all) lost items are best left lost until the day comes when tecnology and funding is where they can be extracted and properly preserved.

Now, lets talk "real world." In the "real world" I want to dig cool stuff that hopefully also has a big ticket value. As I've stated many times over the past 45 years, the hobby is at best on the shady side. Probably not one THer in a hundred always gains honest permission before hunting a location. It's just the way things are. Too little time and energy to spend several years doing research to figure out who owns what.

What has happened since Ken White started pumping out his treasure finder machines is this movement to make our activity some sort of work of the Saints when actually it's more like the work of mostly good but imperfect people who love treasure. Tons of things about everything in life are questionable. Part of what makes life cool is the questionable factor. If everything were perfect life would be super boring.

What all so-called "reality" shows do is exaggerate. They're actors who either were trained or they're naturals who make a bigger than life deal out of normal stuff. Then too they fake a lot to keep things interesting. It's the wonderful and often nutty world of entertainment.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree. And too, many items are ruined by diggers who don't understand preservation. In the long run with all things considered, the archeologist are right. Most (not all) lost items are best left lost until the day comes when tecnology and funding is where they can be extracted and properly preserved.

Now, lets talk "real world." In the "real world" I want to dig cool stuff that hopefully also has a big ticket value. As I've stated many times over the past 45 years, the hobby is at best on the shady side. Probably not one THer in a hundred always gains honest permission before hunting a location. It's just the way things are. Too little time and energy to spend several years doing research to figure out who owns what.

What has happened since Ken White started pumping out his treasure finder machines is this movement to make our activity some sort of work of the Saints when actually it's more like the work of mostly good but imperfect people who love treasure. Tons of things about everything in life are questionable. Part of what makes life cool is the questionable factor. If everything were perfect life would be super boring.

What all so-called "reality" shows do is exaggerate. They're actors who either were trained or they're naturals who make a bigger than life deal out of normal stuff. Then too they fake a lot to keep things interesting. It's the wonderful and often nutty world of entertainment.
......... MB ...... How are you have not seen you post like you did at one time.... I don't either i will post a lot then drop off and just read what others post ..... But as always what you post is very truthful....... and not a bunch of know nothing ramblings........And as this post of yours here ..... Very good and true.... To bad a lot don't see it that way........ And they really don't under stand how the reality shows are put on to entertain... and are really not real..................

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I don' know what you mean by new. I joined t-net in 2007. Is that new? So how do you sell your finds? Do you post them on e-bey. LOL
Some i do some i don't........... But i am done with you ....Goodby....

K Zack

Feb 2, 2012
West Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab- Explorer XS, Excalibur 800, Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Fisher 1280X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

WOW; That is a pretty incredible statement to make.
It makes just as much sense as, Everyone is in for the Money. WRONG AGAIN.
Most people that I know will Not hunt Any piece of land until they have Permission to do so.
Plat Books are Very easy to get and simple to read.
I am Proud to say That I must be the 1 in 100 people that you refer to.
Kevin

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW; That is a pretty incredible statement to make.
It makes just as much sense as, Everyone is in for the Money. WRONG AGAIN.
Most people that I know will Not hunt Any piece of land until they have Permission to do so.
Plat Books are Very easy to get and simple to read.
I am Proud to say That I must be the 1 in 100 people that you refer to.
Kevin
I think that ...Michigan badger... said lets talk real world not dream world.............

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Keppy said:
I think that ...Michigan badger... said lets talk real world not dream world.............

K Zack sounds like a stand up guy to me. What's your story.

Dick Stout

Mar 23, 2006
Southwest
Detector(s) used
MXT, V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
K Zack sounds like a stand up guy to me. What's your story.

This whole conversation is pretty funny..... If you metal detect to make money, I feel sorry for your family.

I metal detect because it's fun, and I enjoy it. End of story....

DS
Stout Standards

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Barnum said:
This whole conversation is pretty funny..... If you metal detect to make money, I feel sorry for your family.

DS
Stout Standards

Thank you I can't agree any more. I would hunt with you anytime.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

DS
Stout Standards
Almost every one has fun detecting.......... but i do sell what i find.... I am retired have been retired since 1998............Why should i do something i don't like to make some extra pocket cash.............. When i can do something i like to make some extra pocket cash.............It pays for my equipment and gas with beer money left over....But i do think that most that detect are always looking for that big cash hord or thing they can sell for big $$$$$..................I like to detect but i am not a fool either i also like money.................

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
WELL THIS SUBJECT IS GOING NOWERE FAST......I LKE THIS I DON'T LIKE THAT ECT ECT...... I LIKE YOUR IDEAS SO I WILL HUNT WITH YOU ...i DON'T LIKE YOUR IDEAS SO I WOULD NOT HUNT WITH YOU........ iT IS GETTING TO CHILD LIKE SO ..... THIS THREAD AND SUBJECT I AM GONE........I ALWAYS SAY I AM NOT GOING TO GET INTO THESE NO WERE POST'S AGAIN........... THEN I DO ..........NO MORE.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions