Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Kellyco packages

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Oct 2009
    2013 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by boarman1 View Post
    Well the price I paid for the package deal was still cheaper than most other stores that didnt include all the extras so I wasnt to concerned if they end up being junk or not.
    Then you didn't call any of the other sponsors like Big Boys, or NEDs!

us
    Apr 2012
    White's Coinmaster
    3 times
    I don't understand the gold and silver coin replicas they offer with some packages. What are they for? Might be an interesting conversation piece I guess, or something to bury for your poor sap hunting buddy to find

us
    Sep 2004
    Rhode Island
    Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, & Garrett Pro-Pointer
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggit View Post
    Garbage. The prices are NOT accurate. Figure you could REALLY buy that stuff for about 1/4 of what they say it's worth.

The gator digger is a piece of crap and will bend the first time you use it in moderately firm soil, the plastic shovels will also snap in a heartbeat.

Don't be sucked in by the package and just buy the machine and get the GOOD tools on your own.
    I have the gator digger from Kellyco I purchased 12 years ago!!! It is NOT junk...it is very durable!!
    Just my opinion.....

Joe

us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell,AZ and Titusville,FL
    Right now: Garrett GTA 500, ACE 250, Fisher Impulse 8, Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT, Vibraprobe 570, and Falcon MD20
    1654 times
    Coinshooting, Gold prospecting, and Nuggetshooting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I have bought several detectors from Kellyco over the years. The included packages were ok. I had ONE complaint... and I posted it here (check archives). I told them to "chuck" the folding knife as a badly made piece of junk. Folding blades should hold up way past expected use or they will fail, hurting somebody. I tested the knife shortly after receiving the detector and was able to easily make the locking mechanisim fail. Not good... and I told them so... including posting it here. They continued to send out knives. Don't know if they still do. TTC
    ONE MIND - ANY WEAPON

Apr 2012
    Tupelo, Ms
    2 times
    I emailed Bart Davis at bigboyshobbies.net. He beat there price and with out the fluff.
    I don't know about you but I try not to support China. I am sure everything in the fluff package is from off shore.

us
    Jun 2012
    Coker, Alabama
    Garrett Ace 350
    1 times
    Metal Detecting
    I called and talked to Ed at Treasure Mountain Metal Detectors and got a great deal on 2 Ace 350's plus free shipping. They should be here Monday and hope to start hunting that afternoon.

us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell,AZ and Titusville,FL
    Right now: Garrett GTA 500, ACE 250, Fisher Impulse 8, Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT, Vibraprobe 570, and Falcon MD20
    1654 times
    Coinshooting, Gold prospecting, and Nuggetshooting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snap on Man View Post
    I emailed Bart Davis at bigboyshobbies.net. He beat there price and with out the fluff.
    I don't know about you but I try not to support China. I am sure everything in the fluff package is from off shore.
    You've got a point there. I will check it out. Tnx. TTC
    ONE MIND - ANY WEAPON

us
    Jun 2012
    Coker, Alabama
    Garrett Ace 350
    1 times
    Metal Detecting
    You need to check with Ed at treasure mountain also.

us
    Nov 2011
    Charles Town, WV
    Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
    949 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    They aren't worth what they mention them for being worth, but basically it's free stuff so I don't complain about it.
    "Life's a garden. DIG IT!!!" - - Joe Dirt

us
    NJ

Nov 2006
    Middlesex County, New Jersey
    Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
    103 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe88 View Post
    I have the gator digger from Kellyco I purchased 12 years ago!!! It is NOT junk...it is very durable!!
    Just my opinion.....

Joe
    Did the gator digger come in a package when you purchased a detector or did you purchase the digger by itself?

Apr 2012
    Tupelo, Ms
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by matt092079 View Post
    They aren't worth what they mention them for being worth, but basically it's free stuff so I don't complain about it.
    I was a Snap On tool salesman for over 20 years. Whenever I gave something away to get a sale the free stuff was buried in the price of the tool somewhere. There is no free lunch!! Free is another one of those 4 letter words.

us
    Sep 2004
    Rhode Island
    Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, & Garrett Pro-Pointer
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by N.J.THer View Post
    Did the gator digger come in a package when you purchased a detector or did you purchase the digger by itself?
    I purchased it by itself.

us
    Sep 2010
    4 times
    Well, I guess some of us were pleased by our KellyCo experience and some of us were not. I for one was not. I bought a BOGO detector and set it aside for about 2 years, and went to use it. It won't detect anything unless it is an inch from it right under the center of the coil. So, I called KellyCo because it's still covered under the 5 year warranty. They told me to send it in with $99.95 !?! This doesn't sound like a warranty to me....but they also said that they don't repair anything there, that it would be replaced. I still don't like that I have to pay that kind of money for the BOGO detector which is only worth about $350. I paid the original price of the BOGO of $125. As for the other accessories, I opted for the BOGO instead and got shafted.

us
    Apr 2012
    The Jersey Shore
    Ace350/ATpro/Excalibur1000/ Eldorado/BandidoII uMax/Silver Sabre uMax/Compadre/ Garrett Pro-Pointer/Lesche digger model 75/ RTG stainless Beachmaster scoop/Stealth S3i Sugarsand Scoop
    152 times
    I'm sure all the people who have had their Gator Diggers for years without any problems are telling the truth.
    I'll also sure when they got those diggers years ago they weren't made in China where all the rest of the cheaply made stuff comes from now. That's why they are known to break and bend now.
    One must be smarter than the equipment they are working with!

us
    Oct 2009
    2013 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tomjiggy View Post
    Well, I guess some of us were pleased by our KellyCo experience and some of us were not. I for one was not. I bought a BOGO detector and set it aside for about 2 years, and went to use it. It won't detect anything unless it is an inch from it right under the center of the coil. So, I called KellyCo because it's still covered under the 5 year warranty. They told me to send it in with $99.95 !?! This doesn't sound like a warranty to me....but they also said that they don't repair anything there, that it would be replaced. I still don't like that I have to pay that kind of money for the BOGO detector which is only worth about $350. I paid the original price of the BOGO of $125. As for the other accessories, I opted for the BOGO instead and got shafted.
    That POS BOGO detector probably costs them less than $99! Don't send them a penny for the "warrranty". Just join the crowd to warn every newby who comes here asking if they should buy from that company!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsors