Kellyco packages

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I emailed Bart Davis at bigboyshobbies.net. He beat there price and with out the fluff.
I don't know about you but I try not to support China. I am sure everything in the fluff package is from off shore.
You've got a point there. I will check it out. Tnx. TTC

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They aren't worth what they mention them for being worth, but basically it's free stuff so I don't complain about it.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the gator digger from Kellyco I purchased 12 years ago!!! It is NOT junk...it is very durable!!
Just my opinion.....

Joe

Did the gator digger come in a package when you purchased a detector or did you purchase the digger by itself?

Snap on Man

Apr 15, 2012
Tupelo, Ms
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5- Teknetics T 2 Classic w NEL Sharpshooter coil - Whites TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They aren't worth what they mention them for being worth, but basically it's free stuff so I don't complain about it.

I was a Snap On tool salesman for over 20 years. Whenever I gave something away to get a sale the free stuff was buried in the price of the tool somewhere. There is no free lunch!! Free is another one of those 4 letter words.

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did the gator digger come in a package when you purchased a detector or did you purchase the digger by itself?

I purchased it by itself.

tomjiggy

Sep 18, 2010
Well, I guess some of us were pleased by our KellyCo experience and some of us were not. I for one was not. I bought a BOGO detector and set it aside for about 2 years, and went to use it. It won't detect anything unless it is an inch from it right under the center of the coil. So, I called KellyCo because it's still covered under the 5 year warranty. They told me to send it in with $99.95 !?! This doesn't sound like a warranty to me....but they also said that they don't repair anything there, that it would be replaced. I still don't like that I have to pay that kind of money for the BOGO detector which is only worth about $350. I paid the original price of the BOGO of $125. As for the other accessories, I opted for the BOGO instead and got shafted.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure all the people who have had their Gator Diggers for years without any problems are telling the truth.
I'll also sure when they got those diggers years ago they weren't made in China where all the rest of the cheaply made stuff comes from now. That's why they are known to break and bend now.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I guess some of us were pleased by our KellyCo experience and some of us were not. I for one was not. I bought a BOGO detector and set it aside for about 2 years, and went to use it. It won't detect anything unless it is an inch from it right under the center of the coil. So, I called KellyCo because it's still covered under the 5 year warranty. They told me to send it in with $99.95 !?! This doesn't sound like a warranty to me....but they also said that they don't repair anything there, that it would be replaced. I still don't like that I have to pay that kind of money for the BOGO detector which is only worth about $350. I paid the original price of the BOGO of $125. As for the other accessories, I opted for the BOGO instead and got shafted.

That POS BOGO detector probably costs them less than $99! Don't send them a penny for the "warrranty". Just join the crowd to warn every newby who comes here asking if they should buy from that company!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kellyco is the Walmart of Metal Detectors. I prefer the smaller shops myself. All those extras are good for nothing. POS garbage made in China, period.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I buy from Kellyco, and have always had a great experience with them, no complaints.

The reason I always use Kellyco- I ordered a new coil this morning. I'll have it tomorrow afternoon. I've tried ordering stuff from some other folks... Bubba's in court, he will ship it next Tuesday- Everything's backordered/nothing in stock, blah blah blah

I already understand that the 'free' stuff is waaaay overpriced junk. I did the BOGO when I got my GTI2500. The cheesy little Chinese detector, along with all the other cheesy crap made for some really great birthday presents for my grandsons.

For my hunting and digging, I spend the extra money and get quality merchandise. The free fluff.... it simply turns into give away junk for the kids. They appreciate it and think it's great stuff. When they break it, no big deal.

Make your purchase based on the reliability and reputation of the seller, who you want to do business with/support. Don't buy anything based on free give away crap that is, well.... crap. If you just happen to get some extra crap with your purchase... break out the wrapping paper, only 167 more shopping days till Christmas!

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I purchased it by itself.

KellyCo has quality products. This thread is just about the free packages that come with the detectors which sometimes are a little lacking in quality and the values attached to each item are a little over stated. I purchased my White's DFX from them years ago and absolutely love it. Still my main detector.

NJ

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KellyCo has quality products. This thread is just about the free packages that come with the detectors which sometimes are a little lacking in quality and the values attached to each item are a little over stated. I purchased my White's DFX from them years ago and absolutely love it. Still my main detector.

NJ

Holy cow, if you call those things "a little", I would hate to think what you consider a major rippoff. If I judged life like that, being shot to death might be "somewhat inconvenient."

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy cow, if you call those things "a little", I would hate to think what you consider a major rippoff. If I judged life like that, being shot to death might be "somewhat inconvenient."

I was being nice. When I purchased my detector you actually could choose what you got. I picked two extra coils plus a carrying case....I still use all three of these items from time to time.

BTW Being shot to death would definately be somewhat inconvenient...:thumbsup:

NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread