Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

boarman1

May 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I placed a order a few days ago for a package deal from kellyco but I dont expect the free accessories to be that durable. But you never know.

OP
OP
nightowl

nightowl

Jun 1, 2012
Coker, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know the detectors will be good and I am probably going to order from them because I have heard nothign but good things about them, I was just wondering about the packages?

thadious

Jul 13, 2006
Hemet, Ca
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Garret Ace 250, At Pro
Their digger is ok, the pouchs are thin and wear out with heavy use never used the cd's so can't say anything about them. I bought my detector from them over five years ago and still use the digger. Do not buy their cobra or viper detectors I made the mistake and never found anything much and broke easily. 300 bucks out the door. Good luck and hapy hunting.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are not bad items, the digger is good for sand, or soft ground, nothing more than that. If you want better items, either buy them directly, or go to home depot, Lowes, etc.

I can guarantee that you won't feel like a kid on Christmas morning :laughing7:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are fine if you are working in wood chips. If you want to do any real hunting, they are worthless.

etechdigger

Greenie
Jul 27, 2010
I purchased a Fisher F75 ltd about a year ago from Kellyco, and it came with a package of goodies you know digger, pouch, head phones, and other items. I think the value that they place on these packages is way more than they are acctually worth. The gator digger bent while digging up a spoon. The head phones wouldnt stay adjusted and the pouches were so light weight that I ended up giving them to my grand daughter. I could have gotten a package from a local dealer that encluded a lesch digger and a pair of Gray Ghost head phones which I ended up buying later. So I guess that you need to look at these packages as something to get you started and thats about it.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Many years ago I purchased a detector from Kellyco and the package included 2 extra coils which was well worth it. Can't speak to their packages now but I would not expect too much if you are a hard core hunter.

Good luck

NJ

Last edited:

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought my Ace 350 plus I paid the $35 extra for the Package #2 option from them not too long ago this year.
I can tell you that most of the stuff they include with prices of each is way over inflated.
Here's the webpage:
Garrett Ace 350 Metal Detector For Sale - Kellyco Metal Detectors

Ok for example they have those Dollar store gloves retail value at $19.95
The 2 pocket coin pouch for $9.95 It is cheap vinal. Home Depot or Lowes sells sturdy cloth nail poiches for like $2.00
The same type and brand (Fiscars) composit digger they have listed for $7.95 can be had at Walmart for $3.95
The CD you might look at once it is mostly generic common information that you can easily find 10X more info on this forum.
The $ 6.95 sheath is vinal and won't last long either.
The headphones already come packaged with all the Ace 350's so it is not an extra.
the $39.95 backpack is basic and thin vinal, Dollar Store quality.
The Sawtooth gator Digger is ok if you have never used a digger before. Put a copper pipe cap on under the grip so the grip doesn't wear through and give you a big blister like it did to me after about 4 hours of use in dry dirt.
The Metal Detector carry bag is decent.
I also got the BOGO offer and that included the Bounty Hunter pinpointer. Which will only detect coins an inch away.

In conclusion the package has all the basic equiptment to get you started for the price you pay for it but most of them are cheaply made and will wear out quickly or be of no use to you at all.

I wound up after a short time of using them getting a Lesche digger and a Garrett Propointer.
I also wound up buying the smaller 5x8 DD coil for trash areas in parks ect.

If I had to do all over again to save money, I would have ordered the Ace 350 2 Coil package that also comes with the 2 coil covers. (you definitely want them!) With none of the accessories they have to offer. If you call and ask, it is a cheaper price than the internet price with the options included. If they won't do it there are plenty of the forum sponsors that are retailers that will sell you just the unit.
I would have also ordered the Lesche digger and the Garrett Propointer.
Then I would have gone to Lowes or Home Depot or Walmart and picked up the other incidentals like gloves, finds pouch, ect.
All the metal detecting information you need is better and free on this forum.

Good Luck with your purchase and happy hunting.

Last edited:

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Garbage. The prices are NOT accurate. Figure you could REALLY buy that stuff for about 1/4 of what they say it's worth.

The gator digger is a piece of crap and will bend the first time you use it in moderately firm soil, the plastic shovels will also snap in a heartbeat.

Don't be sucked in by the package and just buy the machine and get the GOOD tools on your own.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found over the years that clevengers in kansis city has the best prices around,but you get nothing extra.You can save money on your detector and use what you saved to buy good tools,accesories.:leprechaun-hat:

boarman1

May 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the price I paid for the package deal was still cheaper than most other stores that didnt include all the extras so I wasnt to concerned if they end up being junk or not.

Rich in Houston

Nov 30, 2003
Houston,Katy TX.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro UMax, Cortez & Tejon, Fisher CZ20,
Garrett GTA 1000, AT Pro & AT Max. Minelab Equanox600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I bough Garrett 1000 GTL and a Fisher CZ 20
From them. Very happy with price and product. If I can, I'll use them again..

OP
OP
nightowl

nightowl

Jun 1, 2012
Coker, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well the price I paid for the package deal was still cheaper than most other stores that didnt include all the extras so I wasnt to concerned if they end up being junk or not.

Thats what I was thinking, also can use the BOGO deal and get my son a decent MD for about $62.00

QuarterMaster

Apr 25, 2012
North Central Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Ace350
Pioneer Bounty Hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought my Ace 350 plus I paid the $35 extra for the Package #2 option from them not too long ago this year.
I can tell you that most of the stuff they include with prices of each is way over inflated.
Here's the webpage:
Garrett Ace 350 Metal Detector For Sale - Kellyco Metal Detectors

Ok for example they have those Dollar store gloves retail value at $19.95
The 2 pocket coin pouch for $9.95 It is cheap vinal. Home Depot or Lowes sells sturdy cloth nail poiches for like $2.00
The same type and brand (Fiscars) composit digger they have listed for $7.95 can be had at Walmart for $3.95
The CD you might look at once it is mostly generic common information that you can easily find 10X more info on this forum.
The $ 6.95 sheath is vinal and won't last long either.
The headphones already come packaged with all the Ace 350's so it is not an extra.
the $39.95 backpack is basic and thin vinal, Dollar Store quality.
The Sawtooth gator Digger is ok if you have never used a digger before. Put a copper pipe cap on under the grip so the grip doesn't wear through and give you a big blister like it did to me after about 4 hours of use in dry dirt.
The Metal Detector carry bag is decent.
I also got the BOGO offer and that included the Bounty Hunter pinpointer. Which will only detect coins an inch away.

In conclusion the package has all the basic equiptment to get you started for the price you pay for it but most of them are cheaply made and will wear out quickly or be of no use to you at all.

I wound up after a short time of using them getting a Lesche digger and a Garrett Propointer.
I also wound up buying the smaller 5x8 DD coil for trash areas in parks ect.

If I had to do all over again to save money, I would have ordered the Ace 350 2 Coil package that also comes with the 2 coil covers. (you definitely want them!) With none of the accessories they have to offer. If you call and ask, it is a cheaper price than the internet price with the options included. If they won't do it there are plenty of the forum sponsors that are retailers that will sell you just the unit.
I would have also ordered the Lesche digger and the Garrett Propointer.
Then I would have gone to Lowes or Home Depot or Walmart and picked up the other incidentals like gloves, finds pouch, ect.
All the metal detecting information you need is better and free on this forum.

Good Luck with your purchase and happy hunting.

100% CORRECT!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Then you didn't call any of the other sponsors like Big Boys, or NEDs!

DeadElvis

Apr 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't understand the gold and silver coin replicas they offer with some packages. What are they for? Might be an interesting conversation piece I guess, or something to bury for your poor sap hunting buddy to find :tongue3:

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garbage. The prices are NOT accurate. Figure you could REALLY buy that stuff for about 1/4 of what they say it's worth.

The gator digger is a piece of crap and will bend the first time you use it in moderately firm soil, the plastic shovels will also snap in a heartbeat.

Don't be sucked in by the package and just buy the machine and get the GOOD tools on your own.

I have the gator digger from Kellyco I purchased 12 years ago!!! It is NOT junk...it is very durable!!
Just my opinion.....

Joe

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have bought several detectors from Kellyco over the years. The included packages were ok. I had ONE complaint... and I posted it here (check archives). I told them to "chuck" the folding knife as a badly made piece of junk. Folding blades should hold up way past expected use or they will fail, hurting somebody. I tested the knife shortly after receiving the detector and was able to easily make the locking mechanisim fail. Not good... and I told them so... including posting it here. They continued to send out knives. Don't know if they still do. TTC

Snap on Man

Apr 15, 2012
Tupelo, Ms
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5- Teknetics T 2 Classic w NEL Sharpshooter coil - Whites TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I emailed Bart Davis at bigboyshobbies.net. He beat there price and with out the fluff.
I don't know about you but I try not to support China. I am sure everything in the fluff package is from off shore.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread