ORDERED MY AT PRO TODAY

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To tell the difference between a bottlecap and coins:
When you hear the coin "ding" put the AT-Pro in Pro mode then scroll down to all metal (Zero)
Then turn on iron audio. Now sweep the coil back over the target.
If it is a bottlecap you will hear the tone change slightly right as the coil approaches the bottle cap, then a higher Pro mode tone as it is over the cap, then a lower tone as it passes the cap.
At first it will be a very faint sound to you until you do it enough to reconise the difference.

Try this in your yard with a couple of different bottlecaps and a quater.
Keep waiving the coil over the caps until you can recognize the change in tones.
The quater will only have one tone.

Remember in the field when this happens to step to the side and sweep the coil back over the target. That way you might single it out from other trash that may be close by and get a more accurate sound.

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kayden said:
Just so know Nickels are at 51-53 also so please dig em! Good luck tomorrow & remember there is a learning curve at 1st...1 more thing I failed to tell you its little heavier because of the larger coil (shoulder aches at 1st)& dont forget to show us your finds!

I already use the big coil on my ace so that shouldn't be a problem but thanks for the info I think im just gonna dig everything until I learn it

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ace350 said:
To tell the difference between a bottlecap and coins:
When you hear the coin "ding" put the AT-Pro in Pro mode then scroll down to all metal (Zero)
Then turn on iron audio. Now sweep the coil back over the target.
If it is a bottlecap you will hear the tone change slightly right as the coil approaches the bottle cap, then a higher Pro mode tone as it is over the cap, then a lower tone as it passes the cap.
At first it will be a very faint sound to you until you do it enough to reconise the difference.

Try this in your yard with a couple of different bottlecaps and a quater.
Keep waiving the coil over the caps until you can recognize the change in tones.
The quater will only have one tone.

Remember in the field when this happens to step to the side and sweep the coil back over the target. That way you might single it out from other trash that may be close by and get a more accurate sound.

I will try that I plan on running in pro mode from the get go

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol thanks for the vids i feel like i know everything about it already ive watched so many videos :tongue3: im just ready to do some river hunting

What do pop caps and pulltabs usually come up as

Heyyyyyy.....I thought you said you watched all the videos I sent ya? :icon_scratch::laughing7:

Here is the video on how to tell it's a bottlecap:

Today's your big day when it arrives, right?
Happy Hunting in your backyard.

Post up for us what you found with the At-Pro that your Ace250 missed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ace350 said:
Heyyyyyy.....I thought you said you watched all the videos I sent ya? :icon_scratch::laughing7:

Here is the video on how to tell it's a bottlecap:
Video Link: http://youtu.be/quGU34swYh0

Today's your big day when it arrives, right?
Happy Hunting in your backyard.

Post up for us what you found with the At-Pro that your Ace250 missed.

Ha ha must of missed that one thanks.got off work early now just sitting here patiently waiting lol

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha ha must of missed that one thanks.got off work early now just sitting here patiently waiting lol

Wow, what luck! And just by chance, you even managed to get outta work early today!

Shussssssh....Wait a minute....Did you hear that?.....Was that a truck I just heard?.... Is that the UPS truck?....Jump up and take a look out the window!:blob1:

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
As far as listening for bottle caps. Yes you can hear a distinct pattern, however that pattern is also shared by some rings........not sure if others have seen this, so the reality is, you will dig less trash, but as always you can potentially miss some things.

I run DISC at with iron audio at 30-35. If something is pretty close to the top I may just dig it if its a site i hunt a lot to clean the place up. On the beaches, I likely don't dig below 35, and when I do, its usually trash

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what luck! And just by chance, you even managed to get outta work early today!

Shussssssh....Wait a minute....Did you hear that?.....Was that a truck I just heard?.... Is that the UPS truck?....Jump up and take a look out the window!:blob1:

it was just the ice cream truck :BangHead:

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still dig everything above iron.....so I don't miss anything!!!

Joe

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I got it put on my cuff extender and hit the yard for about 20 minutes found a dime and two pennies tomorrow I take it to my spot and see what she can do

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I got it put on my cuff extender and hit the yard for about 20 minutes found a dime and two pennies tomorrow I take it to my spot and see what she can do
Cograts on your new detector...I think you will love it!

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kayden said:
Cograts on your new detector...I think you will love it!

I already do lol

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok got it out to my spot for and hour and all I can say is WOW this thing is a coin killing machine I found 11.00 dollars in clad and ive hit this spot extremely hard with the 250 but the at pro didn't care it just kept on finding the coins so glad I bought it cant wait to get in the water

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread