Ncorwin

Greenie
Jun 7, 2012
Olean, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites CoinMaster Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We just moved into a new house that was built in the 1920's... we have about 1.2 acres of woods outback of our home, our neigbhor which my family has known for a long time saw me playing with my MD in the yard..so he asked me if i found anything interesting yet. He told me that in the back corner of our lot about 20 feet away from our marker there is about a 6x9 spot staked out by some old pieces of 1/2 in pipe that is on a border of our property and another so its not 4 intersecting property lines. There used to be a old brick yard about 100 yards to the left, and there was stories when they were a kid of an old hermet living in a small home in the woods who would "hoard" alot of money. I ran my MD over the area and am getting a strong hit for about a 2x3 area. i began to dig and i hit a layer of layed brick :(. I stopped there and havent dug anymore since should i take the time to pop the bricks up? and dig some more or am i just wasting my time :dontknow:.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's on your property, the only thing you have to waste is time as you said, so I'd say dig em up - the worst that can happen is that you cleaned up a bunch of bricks out of a corner of your lot. The best that could happen is..... well.... $$$ :)

OP
OP
N

Ncorwin

Greenie
Jun 7, 2012
Olean, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites CoinMaster Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
coinmaster pro, im getting a 8+ inches for a quarter to 50 cent piece. Im gonna dig tomorrow and let you guys know!

Steveo

Jun 12, 2012
upstate Ny
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett gtp1350, Garrett ace150, Whites M6, Whites XLT, Whites QTX, Tesoro Silver Umax,
(RETIRED> ☆Whites Coinmaster TR, ☆Whites Coinmaster 2 TR AM)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like a treasure hunt to me.I mean what's the worse thing ya could dig up ? Good luck to ya

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
hand print-2_edited-3.jpg Come on now! No treasure hunter would dig a little then hit a layer of bricks then stop!

S

stefen

Lets put it this way, what if you saw a $100 bill laying on the ground and nobody was around....would you get on your computer and ask a jillion people what to do, or simply bend over and pick it up?
coffee2.gif

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your wasting your time...go dig some zincolns.

arapahoscout

Sep 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ncorwin said:
coinmaster pro, im getting a 8+ inches for a quarter to 50 cent piece. Im gonna dig tomorrow and let you guys know!

Been awhile and no update... Hopefully it didn't turn out to be a bricked over well... There are two bricked over cisterns on my dads one acre.

OP
OP
N

Ncorwin

Greenie
Jun 7, 2012
Olean, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites CoinMaster Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry about taking so long with a reply, it was actually a pretty large area in the end and was the loading dock foundation from the old brick factory...found some nails, pennys but no silver :(

arapahoscout

Sep 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well as they say, the fun is in the hunt! At least you now know just that much more about your property. Thanks for the update.

Steveo

Jun 12, 2012
upstate Ny
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett gtp1350, Garrett ace150, Whites M6, Whites XLT, Whites QTX, Tesoro Silver Umax,
(RETIRED> ☆Whites Coinmaster TR, ☆Whites Coinmaster 2 TR AM)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh well ya gave it a shot and now ya know.You'll get er on the next hunt.Good luck & good hunting............................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread