Sprinkler Systems

stanski1980

Mar 12, 2011
aberdeen,maryland
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter IV / Garrett ACE 150
Well some do and some don't it just depends if you find on just stay away from the head of it you might get wet lol. Just don't try to dig to china and you should be okay. If you find a pipe fill it in and keep in mind what way it is going. most sprinkler systems are made out of pvc and wont come up on the md.

OP
OP
P

Penguwin

Jun 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you Stanski1980-i gather then that most of the pvc is farily deep?-also i gather that most parks have sprinkler systems so should i ask park personell if it is alright to dig, or should i just wait until they leave-man i am so new to this-when i left the park in question, i went to a small beach here in a local park, and there was this guy just staring at me the whole time-felt like going over and asking what the hell is he staring for-but kept my cool and ignored him. when i looked up later, he was gone. is this normal for people to stare-just how popular is this new sport that i have gotten into??-lololol-anyway thx for the response-oh by the way i found two nails at this beach-the metal detector that i am using is a bounty hunter quick silver-two nails-its a start-i guess lol.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No, not all sprinkler systems are deep! The ones I've put in and others I've seen are only in the 4-6" deep range. There's no need for them to be deep as when the watering season is over, they are blown out with air to remove any water left in the lines.

I've only been to one park here that had a sprinkler system. The caretaker wouldn't let me detect because people had dug before and broke the lines. He wasn't being a jerk..he pointed out the sections of the park that didn't have sprinklers. The sprinklers were set up through a soccer field but not the baseball fields. Those are the areas in a park you'd probably need to be careful, not the general use areas.

Al

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread