Another property to Metal detect on but no one knows the owners.

boarman1

May 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I was invited to come to a property to metal detect on.No one knows the owners of the property and never has seen them in 20 years. Everyone around rides there ATV on the property on trails only but this property is located where a battle took place. As a Hunter I always ask the owners before I ever hunt someones property but when it comes to metal detecting I do the same . But what do you do in a situation like this ? There have been others on the property metal detecting in the past but im really not sure what to do ? I wished I could find the owners of the land.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Could try locating it and adjacent properties on plat book,then visit nearest township office to find who is paying taxes on them. Face to face for permission works better for me but have secured permission over phone(less success though).beware local tresspassing laws even with permission. Good luck.

OP
OP
B

boarman1

May 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I will look into it. They have been on it for years but I personally like to have the peace of mind and to do the right thing.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The county tax office always knows where to send the tax bill, and if it isn't returned in three years, they'll take it for back taxes.

The records are public.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions