Whites V3i and DFX
Last edited:

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suppose in some wild cases it is that easy. Some people are just born lucky. lol

The Silver Pirate

Nov 27, 2011
Ridgeland, MS
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX, DFX, XLT, Whites Prizm IV, Tesoro DeLeon, Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Other
I like watching the Whites YouTube videos... Sometimes they dig a hole and throw dirt everywhere, sometimes a fold back plug and a towel.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
been detecting since 1975
I took a break in 1993
1995 I bought an XLT - first day out with it
I hit a frozen drain pond - I found a half carat 14k mens diamond ring
pretty much paid for machine

OP
OP
ticm

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
I like watching the Whites YouTube videos... Sometimes they dig a hole and throw dirt everywhere, sometimes a fold back plug and a towel.

Yep I could have paid for my detectors too my point is that these ads are so misleading. I guess you got to sell your product if your going to stay in business.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, they got to make some money cause they ain't in the business for the warm camaraderie and enlightening conversation. On the other hand, if the detectors can find all that treasure and pay for themselves, maybe they should just make about 5 or 6 and run out and use them themselves. haha! jokin. My White's Coinmaster Classic 1 paid for itself 3 times over in the face value of coins found. (I only paid $95 for it) DFX is strugglin yet. Course I never sell or cash in anything I found, so they haven't 'paid off' at all. However, they have paid off many times in the search. The search is the coolest thing to me about metal detecting.

Dick Stout

Mar 23, 2006
Southwest
Detector(s) used
MXT, V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, let me ask...what sort of ad would you run to promote your company's detector? Remember it's one of the few pastimes where you do get a return on your time and effort.

ds
Stout Standards

OP
OP
ticm

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Barnum said:
Okay, let me ask...what sort of ad would you run to promote your company's detector? Remember it's one of the few pastimes where you do get a return on your time and effort.

ds
Stout Standards

Well I would have the person in the ad look like he was actual detecting. Maybe his clothes and equipment could be a little dirty. Maybe at least show a coin or whatever come out of the ground all covered in dirt.

Haven't you been doing this longer the a lot of people on this forum have been alive?

I am a white owner and will always be one. Made in the USA is one reason. Outstanding customer service for another.

Whites just need to make the ads. look more real world.

If I ever meet you I would like for you to autograph my detector. But then I would never be able to clean off all the dirt.

Last edited:

Dick Stout

Mar 23, 2006
Southwest
Detector(s) used
MXT, V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, you guys are too much.....I agree that the folks they show in the ads don't look like you or me, but damn if they did, no one would ever buy a metal detector!!

OP
OP
ticm

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Barnum said:
Man, you guys are too much.....I agree that the folks they show in the ads don't look like you or me, but damn if they did, no one would ever buy a metal detector!!

Well ya got a hell of a good point there.

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Except for the one Whites commercial with the overweight man speaking.
Boy, do I get a lot of crap from my non-detecting buddies for that commercial!
Carl

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I cant get my long black socks and Gilligan hat as a freebie now....shucks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread