Finds in Banner

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What I experienced was not my "subconscious mind", I can assure you. I was very skeptical. But we both walked over the same spot, several times and from different approaches. Each time, the "rods" would slowly swing in and cross over the exact same spot.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually dont read the dowsing forums either but I have heard of stranger things happening. You may want to read this Pete. A Ouija Board was very much involved in the early TN. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/marc/16073-few-words-about-marc.html Some things are unexplainable,

I was doing a little research and I ran across this on Wiki. It appears they are used at some checkpoints in the Middle East but I only know what I read. ADE 651 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia The Iraqi government is said to have spent £52m ($85m) on the devices

Maybe this thread will be moved but Im still hoping to see a dowsing find posted..
Maybe the purchase of these devices by Iraq were to make sure that the weapons of mass destruction were well hidden and beyond detection!:laughing7:

ezreddy

Jul 13, 2008
Hot zone said:
Maybe the purchase of these devices by Iraq were to make sure that the weapons of mass destruction were well hidden and beyond detection!:laughing7:

These devices or ones very similar we're also purchased by the Thai government. Like most government purchases here, there were also some hefty kickbacks as well. Those that made the purchases claimed they worked, so they tested their claims and believe it or not...they did not work. Big shocker. I know there are those out there that like to believe dowsing will work, but set up some double blind studies and see how many people can actually find items. As for water dowsing, I would be surprised if you took a large tract of land and the downers showed signs at the exact same location; unless of course one of the downers was watching the other. Then just like the Ouija board, the subconscious makes us think some outside force is acting upon us. Additionally, does the water table really vary that much in a confined area? Certainly if you travel some large distances it can vary, but I would think on a fairly small tract of land the water table would be close to the same depth. If anyone out there is an expert on geology, feel free to correct my water table statements. Also, if anyone can point to a true double blind study that shows dowsing is reliable, that would be of interest as well.

ez

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I would be very glad to see someone post a thread on their dowsing finds. I have a friend who does it (water witch) and was taught by his father and his father was taught by his. There's really something to it I think, any instrument that costs $1000 better do something I'd think. ???

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a subject I steer far from,but with water .......I do it....just about every day finding water lines and my job depends on it

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am sure there are a few finds here because even a blind squirrel will find a few nuts. I am kinda surprised at how very few finds there actually are posted. It seems the dowsers only want to brag about the possibilities but have very few results.

Here is one of the better links I read on dowsing The Military Dowsing Rod | Freaky Phenomena

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
This is a subject I steer far from,but with water .......I do it....just about every day finding water lines and my job depends on it
You use dowsing to find water lines?

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder why myth busters have not tackled this one! It would at least have as much chance as the square wheel of being plausible.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
From my previous link: dowsingade.jpg

The truth is that dowsing rods do work, but not in the literal sense. They "work" because they require only the slightest tilt of the hand to create a "hit." And we are far more perceptive creatures than we give ourselves credit for.

For example, the ADE 651 is geared for police officers and military patrols. These are people who are trained to the Nth degree in finding and dealing with things like bombs and currency smuggling. The only thing the ADE 651 is doing in this case is providing a conduit for the trained officer's subconscious to speak aloud, working on those instinctive snap judgments which can be so very accurate.

In fact, this is how traditional dowsing rods work, as well. An experienced dowser has had decades of practice and feedback, and has learned to "read" the terrain for signs of underground water. If only at a subconscious level.
dowsing Iraq.jpg Im sure the people who are smuggling or carrying contraband get nervous when this thing is pointed at them esp if they believe the contraption works. I wouldnt be surprised if the average Iraqi thinks they work but its only as good as the user.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The search option here is poor or I dont know how to use it. The old TN could search individual forums such as "Todays Finds" or "What Is It". How do I search Todays Finds on the new TN?

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The moderator ignores the title and admonishes those on the thread for discussing dowsing on a today's find forum! If you cannot talk about dowsing on today's finds then how will it ever make it to banner!:icon_scratch:
lol good point. I remember the early days of TN and dowsing arguments became a serious problem (along with politics and religion) and had to be moved to a special place. Jeff did a great job in those days. He was the glue that held it all together. He was a great organizer and enforcer of the rules. He is warning posters to be careful not to clutter this thread with arguments because he doesnt want to move it. The title seems to be asking for trouble but he is willing to ignore it if it doesnt get out of hand..

Last edited:

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are detector sponsors here, but they dont dictate what we post. Most of us have our on "favorite" detector, and many are very critical of other detectors, and it comes out in their post. This is a free forum, and I sure havent seen any sponsors trying to influence our ideas. Im sure if there were dowsing dealers, that wanted to advertise here, they would be welcome, whether we believe in dowsing, thats another issue.

BTW, its very easy to see the amount of post a member makes.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The moderator ignores the title and admonishes those on the thread for discussing dowsing on a today's find forum! If you cannot talk about dowsing on today's finds then how will it ever make it to banner!:icon_scratch:

Sorry your wrong, Jeff's post below is not admonishing anyone, just as Big C said the post is worded that way because of the heated arguments of the time, so heated a forum for dowsing was made so it could be discussed there rather than on todays finds.... Todays Finds is for finds made, arguements were there on dowsing in general...

Since this post is in Todays Finds,
Which is for Showing off your Finds of the Day
and Not Discussing Dowsing.

I will say Congrats on your Finds !

JEFF

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and as for Dowsing Finds in Today's finds
If they fit that criteria "TODAY'S FINDS"
not a month ago, not a year ago, And an Honest find,
it is welcome IMO just remember IF you lie,
& are Caught, your membership & posts here will be a thing of the past.

as for Dowsing finds getting Banner ? first off it's got to be Voted on by the Members.

Second in the Criteria
Finds must be significant, and plausible
TreasureNet - Banner

& Dowsing finds would definitely fall under unbelievable by allot more members then
detector finds. & therefore would have a hard time with "plausible"

Maybe not Impossible, but Definitely Hard to swallow Sorry

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I do a little dowsing and have made some nice finds............. I at one time i went into the dowsing forum.... But now all you see is ones wanting some one else to dowse a picture for them........... Don't be so lazy do your own dowsing...............But i will say that there are some that can make dowsing rods work....... And there are some that no matter what the do the rods will not work for them.......

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, so why must I be reminded not to lie? I believe I can dowse water! That is no lie , just my belief. The guy in the other post says he believes that dowsing lead him to his rather insignificant find that he then found with a detector. Had his find been of great significance, would there have been an asterisk placed beside the banner find, much like Rojer Maris hitting more home runs that Babe Ruth in season for less games played. Or perhaps completely discounted as downer assisted finds are not plausible and must take a back seat to wearing your lucky detector ball hat. :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread