jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, so why must I be reminded not to lie? I believe I can dowse water! That is no lie , just my belief. The guy in the other post says he believes that dowsing lead him to his rather insignificant find that he then found with a detector. Had his find been of great significance, would there have been an asterisk placed beside the banner find, much like Rojer Maris hitting more home runs that Babe Ruth in season for less games played. Or perhaps completely discounted as downer assisted finds are not plausible and must take a back seat to wearing your lucky detector ball hat. :icon_scratch:

If you didn't need to be reminded not to Lie Then, it was not Meant for you.
That part was meant for those with a short Memory & even Lesser scruples.
all I can say is If you read this part & Consider yourself Honest, Don't get your Panties in a bunch 8-)

on The rest of your post, your Guess would be as accurate as mine :dontknow:

Last edited:

DiggerDave in Pa.

Jan 12, 2011
Huntingdon County Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
I recently had permisson to privy dig in a yard near me. I probed around the usual places with no luck. I started dowsing in this yard and the rods turned on a spot in the center of the yard. I probed and the spot was hard like the rest of the yard. I dug a test hole and after 3 foot of clay and rocks I hit privy dirt. Dowsing does work for some things. My L rods are made from an old clothes hanger so don't buy one. DD

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, basically you will give me a wedgey if I want one. I have been trying to avoid another one of those since the 8th grade!:laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I can understand what Hot Zone is saying but there has to be some rules for dowsing posts. Dowsers seem to like to stretch the facts especially if they are promoting their products for sale. The ADE 652 fraudulantly states that it works by "the principle of electrostatic magnetic ion attraction." The truth it works by the principal of gravity. They are telling us a fib. (lie)
dowsing.jpg

Many members find arrowheads and bottles because they know where to dig whether or not they are holding a dowsing rod is irrevelant,

I have no problem if you want to move this thread out of Todays Finds. This thread started out badly but has turned into a good discussion.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I recently had permisson to privy dig in a yard near me. I probed around the usual places with no luck. I started dowsing in this yard and the rods turned on a spot in the center of the yard. I probed and the spot was hard like the rest of the yard. I dug a test hole and after 3 foot of clay and rocks I hit privy dirt. Dowsing does work for some things. My L rods are made from an old clothes hanger so don't buy one. DD
Your experienced mind knows the best place to find a privy, even if you didnt realize it may have been deep into your brain and your subconscious directed the rod to a possible site. Certainly the coat hangers are not capable of finding anything.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your experienced mind knows the best place to find a privy, even if you didnt realize it may have been deep into your brain and your subconscious directed the rod to a possible site. Certainly the coat hangers are not capable of finding anything.
Then you are saying the unconscious mind is then capable of directing the otherwise stupid coat hangers to the right place. We are in complete agreement! Or perhaps in order for you to believe it would require that no one is holding them and telekenesis causes them to cross! I doubt you believe in poltergeists! :laughing7:

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The placebo effect, or the subconscious deciding that the sugar pill is going to help, does gives some insight into the power of the mind to heal itself. It is not to much of a streach for me to accept that primitive man was able to subconsciously through the use of a visual aid like a forked stick to find water that was necessary for survival. Have you ever had the hair on the back of your neck stand up when you thought you were alone, only to turn around and see someone staring at you. Just some of that residual survival instinct that has not been bread out of you. In order to find that banner find I will do it my way!:hello2:

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Then you are saying the unconscious mind is then capable of directing the otherwise stupid coat hangers to the right place. We are in complete agreement! Or perhaps in order for you to believe it would require that no one is holding them and telekenesis causes them to cross! I doubt you believe in poltergeists! :laughing7:
I might believe in Poltergeists. (not really). However I am more inclined to believe some spirits are able to influence our inner subconscious which in turn influences the arm, the fingertips that influence the Ouija Board planchett. Same principal.

How else to explain Marcs experiences? The planchett will usually not move without a fingertip connection. There is much we dont know about the human brain and its capabilities. As a living computer, it is influenced by many outside sources as well as evolution and it has a larger storage capacity than we may realize..

Yes, the placebo effect.

Last edited:

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fib, or just a poor attempt to apply their pseudoscience to something that is rather hard to explain in those terms. Reminds me of explanations chiropractors give or for acupuncture. I don't mind and it don't matter as long as I think it works.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
It funny how many dowsing rod manufacturers add electronic components that do not work, are not properly connected or do not have a battery source to operate. The ADE651 has no batteries and is claimed to be powered "electro statically." There are no batteries or conventional power supplies to charge or maintain but it most likely contains wires and/or electronic components..

The ADE works on a principal we have termed as Electro-Magnetic Attraction. The principle for long range detection is based on the substance excitation that needs to be detected, with an electromagnetic field that propagates on a long distance and is not disturbed by the "electromagnetic noise" from the environment generated by the RF transmitters and other electronic equipments that use electric current or electromagnetic waves.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/todays-finds/57168-morning-shows-proof-dowsing.html

Read the thread above he says:

I zeroed in and concentrated on a civil war button.
The rods directed me to and old foundation and on
my second hit I checked with my tesoro and came
up "coin".

1- "The rods directed me to and old foundation" (Its obvious that his eyes directed him to the old foundation)

2- "I checked with my tesoro and came
up "coin". (
He found a coin with his metal detector not the dowsing rod)

Is this the best dowsing cache found and posted on TN? The OP never found the Civil War button. He posted a lot of other trash found (with the metal detector) including a couple pop top beer cans and what appears to be clad coins. All normal finds around an old foundation that can be found in any yard.. Is this really proof of dowsing?

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bigcypress,

Sorry didn't know you were a prolific poster here. I just know without detector sponsors and dealers paying the bills sites like this are toast Fisher , Garrett ,whites. Minelab Tesoro their money here goes towards metal detecting. I was under the assumption most here are detector users and I didn't think I was out of line when I said what I did, I meant no disrespect though. I was mostly thinking about the detector dealers and manufacturers that keep this site afloat.After I thought about it I' have seen Indian artifacts on the banner,and yes they are found without a detector. I just have no interest in it, as probably over 80 percent of the folks that come here don't. I like the detecting finds myself as probably a good majority do .No doubt thats why there aren't any dowsing finds up there , there's no interest in it. You have to admire your buddies though they have your back :laughing7: Hope you're not upset with me.

The Hun

Everyone has Big Cypress Hunters back. All he has to do is whistle. But he is a big boy. We dowsed the pvc water line of an old well we put in years ago to our cabin in the mtns. The line was around 900 feet long. We dowsed it in about 5 or 6 spots and then dug it up with a back hoe. We used coat hangers. Did not think it was banner worthy at the time.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone has Big Cypress Hunters back. All he has to do is whistle. But he is a big boy. We dowsed the pvc water line of an old well we put in years ago to our cabin in the mtns. The line was around 900 feet long. We dowsed it in about 5 or 6 spots and then dug it up with a back hoe. We used coat hangers. Did not think it was banner worthy at the time.

I can dowse telephone lines, electricial lines and water lines done it many times, but for me there is a big difference between dowsing a telephone/electricial/water line, an underground stream and a tiny coat button, coin or gold coin........

In my job working for a phone company I dowsed lines for 14 years, found thousands, never found a single coin, button or metal artifact, did find arrowheads, but I dont for one second think the dowsing found the arrowhead, I was in the middle of Missouri, artifacts are everywhere, I just happen to uncover one while digging the target........

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Hey Bigcypress,

Sorry didn't know you were a prolific poster here. I just know without detector sponsors and dealers paying the bills sites like this are toast Fisher , Garrett ,whites. Minelab Tesoro their money here goes towards metal detecting. I was under the assumption most here are detector users and I didn't think I was out of line when I said what I did, I meant no disrespect though. I was mostly thinking about the detector dealers and manufacturers that keep this site afloat.After I thought about it I' have seen Indian artifacts on the banner,and yes they are found without a detector. I just have no interest in it, as probably over 80 percent of the folks that come here don't. I like the detecting finds myself as probably a good majority do .No doubt thats why there aren't any dowsing finds up there , there's no interest in it. You have to admire your buddies though they have your back :laughing7: Hope you're not upset with me.

The Hun
Sorry I missed this post. For some reason I dont get my replys in the order they are posted. Some are on a delay.

Heck no Im not upset. Its just a misunderstanding and it happens all the time. Yes its kinda cool that all the members have my back. There is a good core group of people here.

Yea I was a prolific poster. The far majority of my posts are in the What Is It forum and maybe thats why you didnt see me.

TN is for treasure no matter how you find it. Coin Roll Hunting and Garage Sales are just a few other examples.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Would dowsing work if your eyes are closed? Are you saying they paid you to dowse? Why not use a pulse MD?

TH I think with your 14 years experience, you had a good idea where the lines were. And TnMountains you may have had an idea where the old water line was. But thanks for relating your experiences. There is no simple yes it works or no it doesnt.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would dowsing work if your eyes are closed? Are you saying they paid you to dowse? Why not use a pulse MD?

TH I think with your 14 years experience, you had a good idea where the lines were. And TnMountains you may have had an idea where the old water line was.

I worked for a telephone company. I had a contractor show me he could find my fiber optic lines with out using my locator. He walked out into the middle of a huge field holding two wires and said there is your line, I hooked up my cable locator and the cable was right there.... The field was about a hundred yards off the road and we had fiber optic lines buried 4 foot deep through the field, field was about 4 foot high in weeds, lines had been buried for over 10 years, no visible sign left of them ever being buried there and no locates had ever been done there before.

A home owner had bought 10 acres and wanted a water line put in from the road to his property which would have to cross our buried line. Our company had bought an easement from the previous owner and buried it over 10 years earlier... Previous owner owned several thousand acres along the road in a rural area, he was starting to sell off 10 acre tracts.

I started using the dowsing as a way to double check my locates, as it was my job if the fiber was cut on any locate I did. I would dowse first, then hook up my locator which put an electrical signal on the line and located again. I have located the water lines and cable lines at my current home using the same process when I was doing yard work.

And to answer your question, yes it works with my eyes close.........First let me be very clear, I AM NOT SAYING I CAN DOWSE ANY TREASURE, just that I can locate electricial and water lines... I dont get any vibrations, no 6th sense, I just go off the reaction of the wires when they turn as i cross a line, they do not point down they tun in......

Take 2 coat hangers about 12-16 inches long, bend them into an L shape, hold one in each hand like a two pistols like a cowboy walking down a street with his pistols out, the short ends losely in your hands, when I cross a burried electricial or water line the wires will turned towards the middle into each other, if I backed up away from the line they would spin back towards the front....

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's up BigC. Do LRL's work? No. Can someone find water with a divining rod? Yes. I've seen it firsthand about 20 or so years back living in Ky. Was it anything more than chance... maybe, maybe not. So here we are, the old age debate continues. Many studies have been done throughout the years on this subject and the results are not in favor of the dowser.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Impossible is only a word for quitters,
so I won't say it can't be done.

I have known those who claimed they could dowse Coal, water, electric Lines & yes pow wow illnesses.
in some cases I'd say experience definitely helped, but could they have done the same, with a pork chop
in their hand instead of dowsing rods ? probably not the coal, water or electric

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big C on your question on searching a certain forum, if you go to advance search just below the search upper right top, it gives you the option to search individual forums if you wish..........

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Big C on your question on searching a certain forum, if you go to advance search just below the search upper right top, it gives you the option to search individual forums if you wish..........
OK if I go to advanced how do I search for something in the What Is It forum? I only see an option for "forums" not specific forums. How do I search specific forums? The old TN was so much simpler. (Go to WII Forum and click on search)

Yes I realize the dowsing rods turn but I believe a slight subconscious tilt is causing gravity to make them to turn. I would have to concede that if you used it successfully all those years, there must be something to it.

I was able to use the Ouija Board in the past but Im kinda scared now to try again.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread