Finds in Banner

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK if I go to advanced how do I search for something in the What Is It forum? The old TN was so much simpler. (Go to WII Forum and click on search)

Yes I realize the dowsing rods turn but I believe a slight subconscious tilt is causing gravity to make them to turn. I would have to concede that if you used it successfully all those years, there must be something to it.

I was able to use the Ouija Board in the past but Im kinda scared now to try again.

Go to advance search, then to Search Single Content Type, it gives you the option to choose what board to search....

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Go to advance search, then to Search Single Content Type, it gives you the option to choose what board to search....
Where is the option to choose what board to search?

search bs.jpg

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The only option I see is to search all forums. search all forums.jpg

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BigCy, It is in additional options twards the bottom

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW I would have never even read this thread if was not posted by a trusted member.
Turned out to be informative and funny :laughing7:

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks for trying to help. What do I click on?

This is what I now see. Im sorry but the new TN is a nightmare for me.

search bs 2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Now I have this but the best I see is "Search Subscribed Forums". How do I search a specific forum like "Shipwrecks"?
search bs 3.jpg

I have searched online many places including advanced Google patent searches. Im convinced there is sometrhing wrong here or am I just dumb?.

Last edited:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Now I have this but the best I see is "Search Subscribed Forums". How do I search a specific forum like "Shipwrecks"?
View attachment 646854

I have searched online many places including advanced Google patent searches. Im convinced there is sometrhing wrong here or am I just dumb?.

It's the box at the top of this page that you posted. You can scroll through each individual forum.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I think I give up.

What do I click on? Right or left click?

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Last edited:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
You just left click on the individual forum (or hold down the ctrl key and highlight more then one) and the click on the "search now" button in the bottom right corner of that that bigger box that the forum options is in.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
You just left click on the individual forum (or hold down the ctrl key and highlight more then one) and the click on the "search now" button in the bottom right corner of that that bigger box that the forum options is in.
I cannot bring up a list of the individual forums.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
OK I found it scroll down list. Thanks :BangHead:

Thats one huge scroll down list. It looks as if I can search whatever I want.

It appears there are many great features in the new TN but its kind of overkill and it makes every little thing so complicated and time consuming. But it appears most of my problems are user related. (me)

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pilot error...... Just have to explore is all....Look at it as a treasure hunt...:laughing7:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I had an instructor when I took a compter course that spent the first hour of his class talking about "ID-10-T" errors. A few of us caught on early but there were several that took a full page of notes lol. Don't feel bad Cy, think back to when you first joined Tnet, how far were you in to those 21,000 posts before you really new what you were doing?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Im a High School dropout sad to say. I didnt know how to use a computer at all in 2004. I learned so I could post a find and I am completely self taught but I still cant make a work resume lol. Windows 98 was kiinda easy but I thought the CD drive was a cup holder.. I guess I learned as TN was growing. The old TN was also so very user freindly from the start. Even Google is easy to use. The patent search a little harder perhaps but still easy.

It was all kinda easy for me. I fell in love with the computer. Its better than watching TV. But the new TN is a complete different animal. I guess its geared to the younger generation of computer wizards.

Whats an ID-10-T error? (Ill Google it)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I just learned what an ID-10-T error is lol but I found this on Wiki and I agree
Critics of the term argue that the problems are caused instead by a device designed in such a way that it induces errors.

Do you believe the new TN is "user freindly?"

While I did finally learn to search, I had to go through 10 unnecessary steps to get to square 1. And Im sure there will be more time consuming unnecessary steps before Im finished. Too many time consuming unnecessary steps seems to me to be inviting ID-10-T errors.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Aha. ID-10-T looks like IDIOT. It didnt take me too long lol. I could blame in on a slow computer.

This new TN makes a lot of us look like ID-10-T's

Im sorry to say but I think it was an ID-10-T that scrapped the user freindly formatt and installed this mess. Time will tell how it pans out. I really dont see many improvements.

It reminds me of the Magellan handheld GPS that was so hard to use that I tossed it and bought a Garmin. The new Garmin formatt was so user friendly that the exact same units are still selling over 10 or 15 years later. You know the ones. Maggellan is still in business I guess but the old Magellan I couldnt use is long gone and off the market. The experience was so frustrating that I would never purchase any thing with a Magellon name on it again.

But what do I know? Maybe I dont represent the average computer user. Is this really what people want? Or is the TN product so good that it thrives despite the mess.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread