Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have an odd request. Does anybody know of any dowsing finds in the banner?

I made a comment about zero dowsing finds in the banner that offended a partner of mine..

I was just guessing and I may certainly be wrong.

I dont want to search through every one so maybe somebody will direct me to the dowsing banner finds.

This is not a joke. Im serious. Thanks.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Even some dowsing finds in "Todays Finds" if anybody can direct me to the threads. Thanks.

PEles

Apr 20, 2009
Lowcountry, South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus !
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Uuuuhh,

I understand your seriousness on where are the dowsing finds , but you need to understand something that you obviously don't. First off this is a metal detecting site with metal detecting sponsors and dealers keeping it up.I don't see any dowsing dealers or dowsing sponsors logos up top anywhere. Are there such? I don't dowse so I'm not aware of any.I imagine 99 percent of the folks that frequent this detecting site don't dowse either, they metal detect.With all due respect you surely must understand what this site is here for , and it ain't dowsing.If that's your main interest see if there's a site out there for that, or if you like it that much start your own .The individual or individuals that started this site did it because they loved metal detecting. It's a really nice site for it too in my opinion. I hope you find that dowsing site you're looking for but dowsing banner finds here? Nahhh I dont think you'll see any of that.

Pete

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BCH,
Where ya been? have'nt seen you post in awhile.....I have'nt seen any Banner finds, or for that matter any dowsing finds here.
Pete,
With 20,000 plus posts I would think that you would know the man is really into metal detecting. He has alot of information you might find usefull
at some point in time. You go to The What's it forum and you'll see his post helping people find out what they have found, Personally I feel like your
post was a little disrespectfull......JMHO.......HH

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
I have seen stuff on the banner that were not found with a metal detector. Glass, arrow heads, ect; ect;.

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uuuuhh,

I understand your seriousness on where are the dowsing finds , but you need to understand something that you obviously don't. First off this is a metal detecting site with metal detecting sponsors and dealers keeping it up.I don't see any dowsing dealers or dowsing sponsors logos up top anywhere. Are there such? I don't dowse so I'm not aware of any.I imagine 99 percent of the folks that frequent this detecting site don't dowse either, they metal detect.With all due respect you surely must understand what this site is here for , and it ain't dowsing.If that's your main interest see if there's a site out there for that, or if you like it that much start your own .The individual or individuals that started this site did it because they loved metal detecting. It's a really nice site for it too in my opinion. I hope you find that dowsing site you're looking for but dowsing banner finds here? Nahhh I dont think you'll see any of that.

Pete

With respect, BCH knows TNet better than most, with 21,000 posts and many many years of participation. This is a Treasure Hunting forum, not a metal detecting forum. Fossil and Native American hunters have made the banner many times in the past without using metal detectors. This site includes all forms of treasure hunting, from bottle digging, to garage sales, .... and even dowsing.

Don't be so quick to pounce without knowing the facts.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Hey bigcy,

I don't think there have been any banner finds attributed to dowsing, at least not since I have been a member here. The thing is there are a lot of things in the world that can't be explained. While I have no personal expierence with dowsing I just leave those threads alone...anything is possible and people are entitled to their beliefs.

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think there's a pretty solid reason there are no dowsing finds on the banner.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Myself I dont believe in dowsing but my new partner does. Thanks for all the responses. I thought that just maybe I was wrong and somebody found an item dowsing and posted it here to show everyone.

I belive Kellyco sells dowsing rods or at least they used to. I also didnt realize TN has morped into strictly a metal detecting site.

I am trying to look at this with an open mind. I am trying to be fair. I can also see how a dowser may be afraid to post here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Also thanks Gunrunner, Kiros and Savant for the nice comments. There is no need for me to respond to the first reply. I agree with ticm, Hunthicks and Lady Pirate there could always be a first lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I usually dont read the dowsing forums either but I have heard of stranger things happening. You may want to read this Pete. A Ouija Board was very much involved in the early TN. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/marc/16073-few-words-about-marc.html Some things are unexplainable,

I was doing a little research and I ran across this on Wiki. It appears they are used at some checkpoints in the Middle East but I only know what I read. ADE 651 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia The Iraqi government is said to have spent £52m ($85m) on the devices

Maybe this thread will be moved but Im still hoping to see a dowsing find posted..

Last edited:

gunntekk1

Mar 19, 2005
Newport PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200 and ACE 250, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmmmm very interesting

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seen posts in the Todays but no Banners.

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Uuuuhh, it's a "Treasure Hunting Website" - just like the header says. Not a lot of Indian artifacts found with metal detectors. I'm not a "dowser" but it does intrigue me. I used some tree branch "rods" once with a friend in an attempt to locate a well. We both had the same action occur over the exact same spot - the branches swung in and met over the same spot. He's quite successful at finding water. That's the extent of my experience, but I'd be VERY interested in any nice finds using dowsing rods, assuming any exist.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
It would seem if dowsing were true, than there would be finds posted here. If anybody can remember I would like to read it.

I imagine dowsing would work much in the same way arrowheads are found. The subconscious mind directs the wand to a possible productive area. Then again if you dig random holes, you are bound to find something.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureNet is not just for metal detectors, there are lots of treasures found not using a detector.

PEles

Apr 20, 2009
Lowcountry, South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus !
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Bigcypress,

Sorry didn't know you were a prolific poster here. I just know without detector sponsors and dealers paying the bills sites like this are toast Fisher , Garrett ,whites. Minelab Tesoro their money here goes towards metal detecting. I was under the assumption most here are detector users and I didn't think I was out of line when I said what I did, I meant no disrespect though. I was mostly thinking about the detector dealers and manufacturers that keep this site afloat.After I thought about it I' have seen Indian artifacts on the banner,and yes they are found without a detector. I just have no interest in it, as probably over 80 percent of the folks that come here don't. I like the detecting finds myself as probably a good majority do .No doubt thats why there aren't any dowsing finds up there , there's no interest in it. You have to admire your buddies though they have your back :laughing7: Hope you're not upset with me.

The Hun

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread