Dec 27, 2008
Derbyshire
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eye of needle in Sister's foot!

Thought I had to tell you all this, so funny (not for my sister though!).

I just got a phone call from my sister, yesterday she trood on a sewing needle; Ow... , she pulled it out but saw there was no 'eye' on it. They looked round on the floor for it hoping it had snapped before it went in her foot... Anyway, this morning it was really hurting her but she didn't want to go to the doctor for nothing if there was nothing in there:
"How sensitive is your metal detector David?" was the start of the conversation....

I whacked sensitivity right up to 30, got rid of any 'Iron' descrimination and there it was - no problem at all finding something just over a couple mm long and less than a mm wide, and that was with the coil a couple of inches away. 'I LOVE YOU E-TRAC'.

She's now off to A&E to get it removed..... I'll get a photo up when she's out -

x

FC-Treasure

Sep 9, 2011
Northern VA
Did she get it removed? I've got an inch long piece of very thin wire stuck in my arm and they don't want to remove it due to possible nerve damage. I occasionally bang my arm on something and get quite the jolt of pain.

Evidently the science of locating small embedded objects in the human body is less than ideal.

Steveo

Jun 12, 2012
upstate Ny
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett gtp1350, Garrett ace150, Whites M6, Whites XLT, Whites QTX, Tesoro Silver Umax,
(RETIRED> ☆Whites Coinmaster TR, ☆Whites Coinmaster 2 TR AM)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool to use a metal detector to track down a tiny piece of metal in a foot.I'm betting that a pin pointer would of picked it up too.
Hope all work out in her favor.Good luck........................................

K

Kentucky Kache

In 1881 Alexander Graham Bell used a metal detector to try to find a bullet lodged in the chest of President James Garfield.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 1881 Alexander Graham Bell used a metal detector to try to find a bullet lodged in the chest of President James Garfield.

Although Bell did devise a metal detector specifically for the purpose of finding the bullet lodged inside Garfield, but the metal bed frame on which Garfield lay made the instrument malfunction. Not good planning in my book :laughing7:

Paulsj

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm.. did you check her other foot, just in case there was something 2-3 deep under the surface? You also must get permission before you dig it. Never forget that! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread