Whites XLT question

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
QuarterMaster said:
Have a chance to buy a whites xlt. Just wondering what a fair price on a decent looking and working machine would be.

Depends on condition but near $300 would be OK.

Steveo

Jun 12, 2012
upstate Ny
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett gtp1350, Garrett ace150, Whites M6, Whites XLT, Whites QTX, Tesoro Silver Umax,
(RETIRED> ☆Whites Coinmaster TR, ☆Whites Coinmaster 2 TR AM)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Around the 400ish range seems to be the going price on ebay for a newer model " spectrum E series".If it has the rainbow design on it then it's a older model and usually goes for a lower price as it should.
I know this older gentlemen that will say, a detector is worth as much as you'll pay for it. From the way auctions and ebay works it would seem that this statement is true.
I have the XLT E and I find it to be a great machine.
Good luck with it all.........................................

OP
OP
QuarterMaster

QuarterMaster

Apr 25, 2012
North Central Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Ace350
Pioneer Bounty Hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the info. My friend said he has 2 whites that he hasnt used in years and he think about Selling it. I would love to be able to buy the xlt from him

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If its not been used in years then the rechargable battery will be shot so allow for the cost of replacing. Don't worry re older XLT v E Series. Not a fraction of difference in performance, they just put a new sticker on and upped the price.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
There are 4 versions of the XLT. The two newer versions have the rainbow decal on the side and a slightly smaller controll box. I have owned the orginal which I lost in a fire and now use the 3rd version. As Brian said, you won't notice any difference in ability between any of them. An XLT in good condition should sell for $450. Make sure they show a picture of the display ON. There were some bad display screens. It cost about $75 for Whites to replace the screen. As far as I am concerned this is the best general purpose detector that was ever made. hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread